1. WiiMiiSwitch

OP WiiMiiSwitch Polls be dead. Rap for ya boi Wii Mii now

United States
    WRONG THREAD

BlazeMasterBM and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  2. Louse

Louse go play rez

United States
    how
    i think piracy is cool and good, and that is all the input i have to provide

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Ah, I see the "piratenpartij" is now active in the US as well. :P

To be honest, I can't remember if they're still active in Belgium. They were about four/five years ago, but...this is going to sound hypocritical, but they didn't appeal to me. I mean...it's one thing to not believe in the power of intellectual property (which I can get behind...in theory), but as a core ideology it's going nowhere fast.
    Well...not fast, obviously (the only political parties that claim to go fast are those that doesn't understand Belgium), but unless they bring some concrete proposals that other parties can get behind, it's a throwaway vote.
    And again: this is Belgium. It almost takes dedication to create a political party that counts as a throwaway vote(1). So...it's not the climate but their inexperience that got them nowhere.
    I heard they did relatively better in the Netherlands, but their political landscape is even more fragmented than ours so...don't assume the Dutchies somehow more drawn to pirates than average.

(2): fun trivia: nearby my parents-in-law is a small city called "Peer" (Dutch for Pear...and actually named after the fruit they're growing there). Some years ago, a few local goofballs had the idea to create a political party called Appel (yes: apple). I assume after a few nights in the pub. Because hey: "vote Apple in Pear...get it? :creep:". Since then, they're part of the local government.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi: Not a girl nor a boy

Antarctica
    I've actually supported the Pirate's party for several years now. They aren't new, they just don't get much representation.

5. BlazeMasterBM

BlazeMasterBM Emo Shadow

United States
    The GBAtemp party :toot:

OldBoi and WiiMiiSwitch like this.
  6. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    There was also a pirate party in the UK but they dissolved themselves last year.

Louse and WiiMiiSwitch like this.
  7. WiiMiiSwitch

United States
    Sad, hope our PP wins the senate and congress. Next year we have a election for the Senate in my state so hopefully we can get a victory

8. Yamathedestroyer

Yamathedestroyer GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Well, Im German but I bet my left testicle that theyre not gonna win a single Seat. Two Party System and the lack of proportional representation are the reason for that. Tho it is quite funny that many Europeans have a better understanding of the US Voting System than most US Citizens. Maybe thats the reason we dont use that shitty system.

WiiMiiSwitch and Louse like this.
  9. ValentinDerkovsky

Newcomer

United States
    Look, this is interesting. In fact, if you think about it, you can assume that the idea makes sense. Think about it, who fights for copyrights most often? That's right, it's corporations who make a lot of money from their product. The developers themselves are very often left out because the rights to their creation belong to the corporation. And if the developer doesn't agree with the creators of a game, a program or anything else, they are simply deprived of the opportunity to create their masterpieces. A prime example would be The Notch.

WiiMiiSwitch and Louse like this.
  10. Louse

Louse go play rez

United States
    basically just remove copyright and art gets better
    easy

WiiMiiSwitch likes this.
  11. WiiMiiSwitch

United States
    How about we keep this thread alive till the next US Senate election

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Political, endorses, Theres