Hacking There's a sleep mode bug in OFW 6.0

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it's related to the NES app specifically when the NES app tries to phone home to validate your Online subscription, and the WiFi is disabled - it panics and then your Switch crashes.

There's also mention of using the power button to force the Switch to sleep with WiFi on also crashing the Switch so the common theme seems to be WiFi related.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would explain it for me. I don't have the app installed, and my wifi is enabled anyway. I don't even have an online subscription. :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it's related to the NES app specifically when the NES app tries to phone home to validate your Online subscription, and the WiFi is disabled - it panics and then your Switch crashes.

There's also mention of using the power button to force the Switch to sleep with WiFi on also crashing the Switch so the common theme seems to be WiFi related.
There's so much shit that needs fixed in the NES app. The fake "burn-in" effect after using the TV filter, the fucked-up color pallets, and now this panic bug... But still no updated version... Hope they fix these bugs in an update or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head