Gaming There's a problem with my DSi XL ._.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Recently, my DSi XL's had problems recognizing my Acekard 2i (though I had this exact same problem on my other DSi as often). It'll either freeze constantly, recognize it as a completely blank card or say "An Error has occured, please turn off the DS etc". I noticed that pushing it in ever so slightly (I mean with barely any force) got it to work, but tilting it just as little made it die again.

So I turn on my DSi XL after the AK2i malfunctioning for the umpteenth time, take the card out, and lo and behold: two white screens. No boot screen, no start-up sound, just two white screens and some slight distortion from the speakers as if to say they're working properly. I can turn the brightness up and down as I wish, but the DSi XL won't go into sleep mode, change volume, respond to other button presses or even turn off. I tried taking the battery cover off so I could remove the battery and re-insert it, but the bottom screw just wouldn't budge. Therefore, I'm currently waiting for the battery to die (which is pretty close to happening, as it just changed from a blue to red light) so I can recharge it and hopefully get it to boot.

I know the AK2i is definitely real, it's not a fake - but right now I'm really lost. I don't want this DS to die on me. >_>

Does anyone have an idea of what it may be? Or a solution perhaps? T_T

EDIT: Never mind, all is well now, the DS works again. I spoilered the giant wall-of-text-of-destruction-and-happyfuntime.

SonicRax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
send it back to nintendo if you still have warranty.

Unfortunately, I had bought this DS from the USA on eBay (though it was sealed and brand new), so I don't think I'd be able to get any kind of help through the warranty on this thing, because it's likely to be valid only in the USA. Unless I have it completely wrong. ¬¬

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Have to hope that it work after power off then
smile.gif

SonicRax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CrimzonEyed said:
Have to hope that it work after power off then
smile.gif

And thankfully, it did. I let the battery die and then inserted the charger - the orange charge light came on, I turned the DS on, and WOOT. It booted perfectly, with everything working as it should. I've yet to test the AK2i on it, but part of me doesn't really wanna do that just yet. xD

None-the-less, I'm pretty happy that the problem's solved, so yeah, thanks for the suggestions and stuff. 8D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night