There's a new system update for the Wii U for version 5.5.5U

71oHatSEvBL._SL1500_.jpg

Are you ready for a system software update? No, not for the Nintendo Switch, but the Wii U! It's been quite a while since we've seen one of these--the last update was issued in September of 2018, in fact. A brand new firmware update is available for the console, bringing it to version number 5.5.5. The official changelog is helpful as usual, giving us that magical sentence we can always expect from Nintendo. Keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we'll find out what exactly this update actually brings to the table.

Improvements to system stability and usability
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

:arrow: Source

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So what's the REAL changelog say?

Danggg now the Wii U entering the stability race as well? :creep:
Someday consoles will be so stable therapists will hate them!
The Wii U is so stable, you no longer need the plastic feet for it to stand vertically.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I am sure all 2 people still playing the Wii U are chuffed to bits right now for this update.
I don't even think they're happy for the update, given I can't imagine anyone still plays the Wii U unless it's to use as an emulation box...

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I don't even think they're happy for the update, given I can't imagine anyone still plays the Wii U unless it's to use as an emulation box...
Well, in that case, I bet all 2 people still using the Wii U are extremely mad about this update

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Long Live stability..... Im sure your pet cat will "Accidentally" update your hacked Wii U
My sister's cousin's brother's wife's uncle's dad's grandmother's wife's cat accidentally updated my Wii U, what do I do?

Ruryk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I feel weird being one of the two people still playing the Wii U. And yes, kinda worried to see what this can do to Haxchi, but in the worst case it's just that I can't play mario kart with my sis online anymore.
For those who might want to install cfw in the future, that might be a big problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr