There's a new system update for the Wii U for version 5.5.5U

71oHatSEvBL._SL1500_.jpg

Are you ready for a system software update? No, not for the Nintendo Switch, but the Wii U! It's been quite a while since we've seen one of these--the last update was issued in September of 2018, in fact. A brand new firmware update is available for the console, bringing it to version number 5.5.5. The official changelog is helpful as usual, giving us that magical sentence we can always expect from Nintendo. Keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we'll find out what exactly this update actually brings to the table.

Improvements to system stability and usability
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

:arrow: Source

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You mean I'm lucky number 7? I play mine daily. Only decent way I have to play any "light gun" games until my Sinden gun ships.
Make it an 8 because I killed 93 people in 1921. I actually am playing a lot of great games I missed out in that system recently and also from other Nintendo gens.
I wonder if this fixes that error everytime i leave the eShop version of Metroid: Zero Mission... it loops the loading WiiU mrnu everytime I get out of that game

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am sure all 2 people still playing the Wii U are chuffed to bits right now for this update.

Maybe a bit off Topic here, but why is everyone assuming no one uses the wii u anymore? I mean there are loads of Wii and Wii U and also Gamecube games you cant play on Switch right now. I mean yeah you can play almost every GC Game pretty good on PC, but There is not even one good Emulator for Wii or Wii U that has satisfying Performance and Controls. Or am i on the completly wrong track here and most people just forget old games when a new system comes out??

To Topic, i really cant understand why they would update the system without even fixing the exploits.... it makes no sense. Another thought of me was some way they could better Track when someone is using Exploits or Homebrews or somesuch to ban them, but even that is nuts because soon all online features of the Wii U will be offline. I may be a bit paranoid, but could it be that they like flag your account if you use homebrews and such on your Wii U so they know who to look for with the Switch?

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiU is so close to being the ideal all-in-one solution for playing GameCube, Wii and WiiU titles in 2021.
Unfortunately its HDMI output when in vWii mode is bad, and vWii runs GameCube games so those are spoiled too.
So it's really only good for WiiU titles.
However there are plenty of good WiiU titles imo.

The technical design of the console is simply awful though.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Ruryk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess a lot o people won't believe this but ,even if someone made the offer, I would never swap my wiiU for a switch (not even my O3ds,actually). In truth, I received one for a friend's xbox 360, but for that one I wouldn't swap even my ps2.

I know the discussion isn't about consoles comparison but, IMO, the wiiU is as underrated as the switch is overrated.

Bomberman82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm hi dear Community,

i upgradet and funnywise my don´t working WAD Games runs :) ok i have just one "Doc Luise Punch Out" and i don´t have the possibility to make it run because i just broke up my vWii, but everything looks normal like always. Haxchi is booting normal Games runs looks ok.
One thing my Versionnumber is 99.9999.99 or something like that?!?.

Reactions: Alexander1970

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • I just deleted update data for a game and am presently redownloading it using NNU Patcher using the setup I mentioned above. I have online funtionality in Splatoon as well.

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WiiU is so close to being the ideal all-in-one solution for playing GameCube, Wii and WiiU titles in 2021.

Unfortunately its HDMI output when in vWii mode is bad, and vWii runs GameCube games so those are spoiled too.

So it's really only good for WiiU titles.

However there are plenty of good WiiU titles imo.

The technical design of the console is simply awful though.

You can have perfect vWii output by changing the resolution to 480p, hence avoiding the bad internal upscaler, and letting your TV or something else upscale it for you.

Sure it's annoying to switch resolution all the time if you play both Wii and Wii U games, but a workable solution nonetheless.

Last edited by wiindsurf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night