• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

There's a new coronavirus out in the wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Great Britain joins the Club...

British Health Minister Sajid Javid said two cases had been discovered. Both are connected with trips to southern Africa. The government acted "quickly", those affected are in isolation and the contact follow-up is ongoing.

https://orf.at/stories/3238094/

Austria is "alarmed" (oh dear,so quick !!)

In any case, the specially set up AGES telephone hotline for those returning from southern Africa is very popular. By Saturday noon, 300 people had already registered on 01/26 75 032. There you will find information on where to turn for an official PCR test.

Oh dear,that sounds not really "good".....😢

.....more than 30 variants are accumulated in the spike protein....

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great Britain joins the Club...

https://orf.at/stories/3238094/

Austria is "alarmed" (oh dear,so quick !!)

Oh dear,that sounds not really "good".....😢
so there's a new mutation (not the same as a new virus, since the basic is still the same, and likely the vaccins will still work on this .
i have a bad note for you, the natural way of our own body trying to resolve this covid seems to be less good working most people infected once don't seem to be staying protected for more than 6 weeks where the vaccin works by dubble dosis for abour 4/3 year, it's more easy to adapt new variants to a vaccin, your natural protection doesn't really seem to adopt at all.
for some reason in this covid case natural immunity seems be be rather dull and random.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Omicron variant is possibly already in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci says​

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that it is possible that the Omicron Covid-19 variant is already in the United States but has yet to be detected.

“I would not be surprised if it is, we have not detected it yet, but when you have a virus that is showing this degree of transmissibility and you're having travel-related cases they've noted in other places already, when you have a virus like this, it almost invariably is going to go all over,” Fauci told NBC Saturday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday said that to date no known Omicron cases have been identified in the US, and that if the variant emerges, the agency expects that cases would be quickly identified through the nation’s variant surveillance system.

"The issue of blocking travel from a given country is to just give us time to assess it better. That's the reason for doing that. Not any reason to panic, but we want to give it some time to really fill in the blanks of what we don't know right now,” Fauci added.

Although there is “not any reason to panic,” Fauci cautioned that the new variant is to be taken seriously and warrants the newly imposed travel ban against South Africa and seven neighboring countries.

“It may not turn out that way, but you want to be ahead of it. That’s why we’re doing what we’re doing,” he told NBC.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/new-covid-variant-south-africa-11-27-21/index.html

In the meantime, get vaccinated if you haven't already done so, and get your booster if you're vaccinated and haven't already done so.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure,as for all other "illness Things"......
better artifical "Help" than "Natural"...

But,hey,you all care about your Bodies,that is very nice to see....
Sure nice to have nobody to care about, at this rate natural cure might take too long to even have humans alive at this rate.
I know at least one person already had it 3 times and though his body should learn to defense itself, natural way each time he got it it took longer to get back to health, or maybe that's not even the word, he's still recovering from the last one.
Before you say he's only 35 years old.
At my wife's work they have an increased death rate by about 18% now, and that's far better than first round when it was and one point even an increase of 60%.
I really don't understand the stubbornness, those working in healthcare are seeing the work not ending, taking it home, more and more of them get in depressed stadium...
When is the point kicking in?
That it's not really only your fear of what might happen, when is there enough terror around you to see what waiting does to your surrounding?
Yes the new variant has a higher chance to bypass the vaccin, as does it bypass your natural immune system.
Waiting might not only kill you, but kills alot more around you, not only by invection but by mental state of those who can't coope with the many lost lives they had in care.

The flu at least de spannish flu (or black plague you call it) wasn't by natural immune cured, in europe we burned villages and cities that got contamunated to get it under controll, it was youth that inhaled already death particles of those who had the desease (like vaccin) that thier health adapted later.The normal flu killed a lot of orignal inhabitans in us for we brought this illnes there thinking it was nothing, and we didn't help those for we never had a cure.

This time we have an answer to the plague, this time we can make a difference, but i see.

we rather wait for god to take us back and complain then, that he didn't do anything...

Last edited by JaapDaniels,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Omicron has arrived in Austria today :

https://orf.at/stories/3238283/

An interesting Fact is,that South Africa is very "angry" and said,it is unfair how the new Omicron Variante is "handled" here in Europe.

https://orf.at/stories/3238261/

"These restrictions are unfair discrimination against our country and our sister states," said South Africas President Ramaphosa in a televised address on Sunday evening.

He also says,it is not "ok" that "richer" Countries/States are "collect/hoard" Vaccines where they poorer Countries suffer of a lack of Vaccines....

Last edited by Alexander1970,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If they were giving the vaccines away for free, you'd be even more skeptical of them, and with good reason. Of course governments will pay top dollar for any tool which helps pull their economies out of a pandemic.
Here is Xzi, telling you, that the the government loves you.

Xzi. Are you a real boy?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here is Xzi, telling you, that the the government loves you.

Xzi. Are you a real boy?
I am, but it's obvious you were never really taught reading comprehension, at least not beyond the second grade level. Since when does "governments love a booming economy" translate to "governments love their citizens?" If anything the opposite is implied, that a large portion of the working class is being exploited in order to keep the stock market and billionaires happy. Dead workers cannot be exploited in that manner.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am, but it's obvious you were never really taught reading comprehension, at least not beyond the second grade level. Since when does "governments love a booming economy" translate to "governments love their citizens?" If anything the opposite is implied, that a large portion of the working class is being exploited in order to keep the stock market and billionaires happy. Dead workers cannot be exploited in that manner.

How is the opposite implied? Please answer because I want to know.

So far, it is implied that the vaccines™ are another tool to keep exploiting the working class and the government does not love its citizens. Is this the message that you want young impressionable children to read on a gaming site? And why do you hate on second graders?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How is the opposite implied? Please answer because I want to know.
I answered in the very same post you quoted...you aren't helping dispute the notion that you have poor reading comprehension.

So far, it is implied that the vaccines™ are another tool to keep exploiting the working class and the government does not love its citizens. Is this the message that you want young impressionable children to read on a gaming site?
Sick/dead workers earn no profit. Vaccines are a tool used to keep the working class alive and healthy. The capitalist exploitation of those workers is a separate (but connected) process which need not exist at all, but reality is reality.

I don't see any issue with kids learning a lesson in skepticism here. Neither the government nor corporations are your friends, but so long as money is changing hands, they can both be quite predictable.

Reactions: Stealphie

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I answered in the very same post you quoted...you aren't helping dispute the notion that you have poor reading comprehension.

So you are suggesting that it is implied based on what you believe, not what you said?

My mind reading skill are on point, but I'd rather you spell it out.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A lot of cases will pop up in the coming days. If any country had people coming from South Africa. It seems dire then. We got our first case today in Sweden, but most likely more will pop up.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A lot of cases will pop up in the coming days. If any country had people coming from South Africa. It seems dire then. We got our first case today in Sweden, but most likely more will pop up.
Every country got a case of it--just to keep everyone on the same page.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So you are suggesting that it is implied based on what you believe, not what you said?

My mind reading skill are on point, but I'd rather you spell it out.
Enough of this moronic gish-gallop, impossible to tell at this point whether you're a fool or just playing the fool. You want me to spell out the point? The point is that the governments of the world would have sued these big pharma corps into oblivion if they didn't deliver vaccines with precisely the effectiveness promised. And that's motivated more by their financial interests than their humanitarian ones, as no nation's economy can afford to lose too much of its working class. Money rules all in a capitalist society.

Reactions: The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Money rules all in a capitalist society.
Lol, there's a lot I want to respond to, but I'm limited in time. But to correct you on a specific misnomer; it's that capital rules in a capitalistic society, and it's not necessarily money. Though, that should have been implied by your all knowingness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them