There's a new coronavirus out in the wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It will never end. Hope you're looking forward to your 20 ''boosters'' a year

More likely, it will be like the flu with a recommended vaccine more or less every year.
Yes,every 3 Months.....declared in our new Austrian Mandatory Vaccination Law.....
Every 3 months...wow....

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely don't know if I want more and more boosters down the road. Every single time I got the vaccine it made me violently unwell. The arm pain and fatigue was nothing compared to the horrendous side effect period cramps and general sickness I felt. I mean, I'm glad I'm vaccinated, but I don't want to keep going through that over and over...

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when it was 15 days to slow the spread? Pepperidge farm remembers
Yes, because the goal was to, as you said, "slow the spread" and flatten the curve. You apparently don't remember as well as you think.

I'm also not arguing for four vaccines a year. I'm correcting their math.

Reactions: Dakitten
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, because the goal was to, as you said, "slow the spread" and flatten the curve. You apparently don't remember as well as you think.

I'm also not arguing for four vaccines a year. I'm correcting their math.
Their math? One person frivolously said 20 times a year, then you said once a year, then someone completely different mentioned the actual requirement in the mandate for every 3 months. There was no they or correction to make. Take a break from being the teacher and relax sometimes.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their math? One person frivolously said 20 times a year, then you said once a year, then someone completely different mentioned the actual requirement in the mandate for every 3 months.
The post was in response to both of us, with the implication being that a vaccine every three months erroneously equals 20 vaccinations in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah, fanbois will fanboi
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Kinda makes me sad everyone is believing in emulation gives less of a reason for consoles to exist
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    I appreciate the convenience of emulation - but at the same time there is a feeling you get from using original hardware that's hard to match.
    Gift
    I feel like consoles will always be here just less of a demand
    Gift
    Next gen will probably be all portable
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Some things (like Super Famicom games) just feel right when you play them using the original hardware and a CRT
    Gift
    The PS tablet
    Gift
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    switches the box from tv to game
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Not so sure about that - the tendency for "graphics uber alles" tends to lead to very high power consumption
    Gift
    If you look at what's now portability graphics are catching up to console quality
    Gift
    Nintendy is a huge example of not everyone caring about powerful specs most that do will be hardcore PC players anyway
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    The thing is that the IATA rules impose a pretty hard limit of 100Wh on battery sizes for lithium batteries - and it doesn't look like Li is going away soon
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    So if you want (say) 4 hours of runtime you need a maximum system-level power consumption of 25W
    Gift
    Yeah but we already have AAA titles looking fine on tablet form 1080p displays
    Gift
    Human eye can only tell so much of a difference
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    For reference, the PS5 is rated at 350W and the Xbox series X at 275W - and that's console only, without any display
    Gift
    But the future always holds performance never know what the aliens will donate from their left over tech
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Maybe :) - but batteries have turned out to be a pretty hard problem
    Gift
    Like I said most that will truly care will already be hard core gaming pcers
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    And DF subscribers :)
    Gift
    I bet you could find a neighbor with a ps5 and they'd have no idea what the word spec means
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah probably - people on forums seem to care a lot, but they are heavily self-selected
    Gift
    Most on forums try to get a good learning of actual tech
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    Papaya, so good
    Gift
    Only 13 more titles to go on ps3 yay
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Only 13 more titles to go on ps3 yay