Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gallery_128734_403_9411.jpg

343 Industries, the new studio behind the next Halo trilogy have confirmed that there will be no Beta for Halo 4, breaking the chain of the previous entries in the franchise. 343 Industries confirmed the news over on a question and answer session being held over on Halo Waypoint. The developers had this say:

"While we are testing Halo 4 code, gameplay, and systems at significant scale to get excellent data, input, and feedback, we are focused on polishing and shipping our experience for the duration of the year, and splitting resources to manage and build a beta is not on our schedule."

Halo 4 is expected to hit the shelves for the Xbox 360 at the end of 2012.

gallery_128734_403_112.gif
Source

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Aww... shame. Although I suppose it's always more fun playing a game without knowing that there was at one point a bug on that level etc.

Also, I still think it's crap that the game is not on PC - as a result they will not be getting any money from me.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadface.

Also, no Foxi, Halo: Reach had mountains of new content in the Multiplayer. I imagine Halo 4 will be the same way.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sadface.

Also, no Foxi, Halo: Reach had mountains of new content in the Multiplayer. I imagine Halo 4 will be the same way.
*gasp* Jetpacks!

No. It's Halo. It's all the same, mate. Guns, pew pew at the other player, ride vehicles, throw sticky grenades. It's been like this since the dawn of the series.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Halo 3 was it for me, I loved Halo and ODST was acceptable as it was a spinoff but bringing out more Halo's after the trilogy ended .... I knew Microsoft owning the rights to Halo would cause this, I didn't like reach and I don't think I'll be buying this

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadface.

*gasp* Jetpacks!

No. It's Halo. It's all the same, mate. Guns, pew pew at the other player, ride vehicles, throw sticky grenades. It's been like this since the dawn of the series.

Not to be rude, but shut the fuck up. Seriously. You can say the same god damn thing about every other FPS that they're all the same. Pokemon is the same. Mario is the same. Final Fantasy God of War, Killzone and everything is that is a sequel, is the same old shit. Seriously, just stop.

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sadface.

*gasp* Jetpacks!

Not to be rude, but shut the fuck up. Seriously. You can say the same god damn thing about every other FPS that they're all the same. Pokemon is the same. Mario is the same. Final Fantasy God of War, Killzone and everything is that is a sequel, is the same old shit. Seriously, just stop.
Mario games vastly differ from one another. If you're trying to say that Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Land 3 are exactly the same then please give me the adress of your drug dealer, I want to get the same stuff you're having. Pokemon has been the same for ages and it grinds my gears - here I agree. Final Fantasy games are different from eachother, starting from the set of characters and the world in each game, finishing on game mechanics. Final Fantasy 4 Remake is nothing like Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core which in turn is nothing like Final Fantasy X. God of War games are the same by definition - they follow the exploits of the same character, expanding on one storyline, unlike Halo which departed from Master Chief several times already. Killzone is also pretty much the same in every installment, here I also agree.

By the way, pro tip. If you don't want to be rude then you probably shouldn't swear. There are better, more civilized ways of expressing your opinion.

Reactions: 2 people

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, how are they gonna get better player response if they don't Beta beforehand? Just kinda... strange
Feedback from the players is very important to get a well-made game.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sadface.

Multiplayer doesn't make up for lack of off-line gameplay. Online/multiplayer nowadays is only an excuse to put little to no work in the rest of the game.
@Foxi4 I agree

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sadface.

Multiplayer doesn't make up for lack of off-line gameplay. Online/multiplayer nowadays is only an excuse to put little to no work in the rest of the game.
Exactly.

We have to face facts here, Halo and Call of Duty reached the point in their development when after purchasing the game you don't even *have* to boot the single player campaign up - you go straight to Multi and you know *exactly* what to expect. Revamped graphics, two or three new weapons and a new costume does not constitute a new game - it constitutes DLC, a patch or some sort of a Mission Pack.

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadface.

Exactly.

We have to face facts here, Halo and Call of Duty reached the point in their development when after purchasing the game you don't even *have* to boot the single player campaign up - you go straight to Multi and you know *exactly* what to expect. Revamped graphics, two or three new weapons and a new costume does not constitute a new game - it constitutes DLC, a patch or some sort of a Mission Pack.
Yep.
It's gotten to the point where sometimes the company only cares about multiplayer. I haven't played a really good Single player FPS in a long time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also, I still think it's crap that the game is not on PC - as a result they will not be getting any money from me.
They're called exclusives.
The game is licensed by Microsoft and by now it's pretty much Microsoft's property - there is nothing standing in the way of releasing it for the PC except one minor issue...

Halo is a massive selling-point for the XBox. Some people get a 360 JUST to play Halo games. Seriously, that's the only reason.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sadface.

*gasp* Jetpacks!

Mario games vastly differ from one another. If you're trying to say that Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Land 3 are exactly the same then please give me the adress of your drug dealer, I want to get the same stuff you're having. Pokemon has been the same for ages and it grinds my gears - here I agree. Final Fantasy games are different from eachother, starting from the set of characters and the world in each game, finishing on game mechanics. Final Fantasy 4 Remake is nothing like Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core which in turn is nothing like Final Fantasy X. God of War games are the same by definition - they follow the exploits of the same character, expanding on one storyline, unlike Halo which departed from Master Chief several times already. Killzone is also pretty much the same in every installment, here I also agree.

By the way, pro tip. If you don't want to be rude then you probably shouldn't swear. There are better, more civilized ways of expressing your opinion.
Comparing IV to Crisis Core, then Crisis Core to X was wrong. Comparing IV to X would be more correct. Crisis Core was a spin off. You can't factor it into the same 'main series' as the rest.
And by saying FF has 'different story, different characters, etc.', so does Pokemon. Compare White to Red, they're vastly different, yet share the same core gameplay.

Any 'modern game' based off a franchised conceived in the 80's/90's is the same shit nowadays. Halo is indeed the same shit, Pokemon is the same shit, Mario is the same shit, but if the shit is fun, who gives a fuck?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would you need a Beta for it? It's friggin' Halo - just boot your copy of Halo 3 and imagine the graphics are a tad better.

Spoken like a true "i've never played the series before" person.
Halo doesn't follow standard FPS releasing. Halo games are actually pretty damn different from game to game. I mean, they all feel like Halo, but they're always clearly refined and different. It's hard to explain, but if you play the games you'd notice. If you don't notice you're blind or have a mental disability that somehow hinders your ability to tell two different things apart.
I'm not just talking more shit either. Though, new shit needs balancing in most cases.

Not having a beta is a stupid idea, because it usually provided Bungie with a lot of balancing feedback. Like the fucking nuke-nades in Reach, which they fixed for launch.

EDIT: I said actually way too much.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sadface.

Exactly.

Yep.
It's gotten to the point where sometimes the company only cares about multiplayer. I haven't played a really good Single player FPS in a long time.
I'm not even saying that I don't like those games. Hell, I love a game or two of CoD from time to time. What I'm saying is that SP is completely lackluster, like you're saying.

I mean, how long is the campaign in those games? One afternoon? Two? How does that validate a purchase? If I wanted to play the game online, I already have the previous installment - why would I bother? For a jetpack? For a new "hat"? I expect some degree of effort put into the games comming from the developers I support.

D

Deleted_171835

They're called exclusives.
The game is licensed by Microsoft and by now it's pretty much Microsoft's property - there is nothing standing in the way of releasing it for the PC except one minor issue...

Halo is a massive selling-point for the XBox. Some people get a 360 JUST to play Halo games. Seriously, that's the only reason.
That's what I just said?

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadface.

Exactly.

Yep.
I'm not even saying that I don't like those games. Hell, I love a game or two of CoD from time to time. What I'm saying is that SP is completely lackluster, like you're saying.

I mean, how long is the campaign in those games? One afternoon? Two? How does that validate a purchase? If I wanted to play the game online, I already have the previous installment - why would I bother? For a jetpack? For a new "hat"? I expect some degree of effort put into the games comming from the developers I support.
Yeah the campaign's are so short. Friend told me he beat MW3's in less than 3 hours.
I remember Finest Hour took around 8 or more hours to finish. THAT was a fun Shooter.
And when I TRY to tell him it's basically the same, don't buy it, he says " DUDE IT HAZ NEW WEAPONZ MAN, AND BETTR GRAFICKS "
I guess we can agree that more effort can be put in Single Player mode.
EDT: Also by doing this, they are screwing the people that have no way to play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water