There should be an Advance Wars sequel with WIFI

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by primeblue, Nov 26, 2006.

Nov 26, 2006
  1. primeblue
    OP

Newcomer primeblue Member

It's meant to be.
    There's enough online AW communities and junk, there's even a web-based clone for online play.
    Even if it was the same AWDS re-released with WIFI features, I'd buy it. Twice.

2. SYN7HOR

Newcomer SYN7HOR Advanced Member

Sweden
    Yep. Advance wars is insanely good. Can you give me a link to the webbased version you mention? EDIT: Found it -> http://awbw.amarriner.com/

The online support for Nintendos stuff is farking appaling. I bought that USB connector, and I've barely used it. Friend codes? wtf is up with that?

3. primeblue
    OP

Yeah that's the one, AWBW. Just found out about it, and have played a couple of games. But since it's web based, it phails at smoothness, and games can get insanely long.

I've only played wifi Metroid Prime and Mario Kart so far. On the first one, some untouchable hacker bastard pwned me. On the second one, everyone pwned me because I'm not used to that jump turbo thingy lolz

4. Kamgusta

Newcomer Kamgusta Advanced Member

Italy
    I think AW are the best games for GBA and DS.

Everything about a sequel is under NDA.

But if there is NDA, it means there is something not to talk about... *hint* *hint*

5. Mr.Curlynose1

Member Mr.Curlynose1 HI ASL PLS

United States
    You guys could just wait until someone makes a DS tunneling solution. [​IMG]

6. AWESOME_noob

Member AWESOME_noob GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think the sequel to Advance wars DS should be a more futuristic set up with lasers, mines, futuristic hoverjets, mech walkers, hover tanks..etc (can you tell i play Battlefield 2142 a lot on the PC?) [​IMG]

7. primeblue
    OP

I don't see how much they can keep expanding the mechanics from the last three games, I mean, 27 different and yet almost-balanced COs it's quite a lot.
    asdasd I just with AWDS won't be the last we'll see from this series on this console...

btw, what's "tunneling"? If you mean making DS wireless playable over the internet like I've heard they do on the PSP, well, that'll be even better than a sequel [​IMG]

8. Slipurson

Member Slipurson GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    agree agree and agree... [​IMG]

as for the tunneling.. knowing Nintendo the protocol for the "sitting next to eachother"-playing is probably something really really wierd.. backwards packets, trashdata and stuff [​IMG]

9. AppleJuice

Member AppleJuice GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Off-topic:

I hear a bunch of people saying similar things about WIFI but I've really enjoyed my experience of it in Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Star Fox Command, Bomberman Land Touch, Gekitou Custom Robo, Tetris and especially in Animal Crossing.

Admitedly without friend codes you'll inevitably run into people who a) are frustratingly good b) rely on exploits or c) just plain hack. But if you've got a few friends who own DSs somewhere in the World then you can have a lot of fun with friend code battles....I dunno maybe that's just me.

Incidentally, not all games are plagued with problems like these: I haven't heard any bad things about the WIFI in Club House Games and Gekitou! Custom Robo hasn't fallen prey to exploits or hackers. There's nothing wrong with getting an ass-kicking from someone who is genuinely better than you at the game.

On-Topic:

Yeah a WFC version of Advance Wars would be brilliant and I think the developers would be insane not to include it if and when they make another sequel to this long running series. On a similar note I'd love to see a Super Robot Taisen game in English on the DS with WIFI...now that's something to wish for (although I've no idea how it could be balanced).

EDIT: um...had to do some OCD tidying.

10. crafton48

Member crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

Only play Metriod Prime Twice and both times were against hackers. With animal crossing it's fairly easy to remain hacker free because you have the choice of letting people in your towns, and marioKart the biggest problem is with people who drop out.

I think with AW on wifi I can just see myself playing a game against someone for an hour then they drop out because they are about to lose, some people just can't stand to get any losses on their accounts.

Wifi on the DS is never gonna be perfect anyway, there needs to be a way to patch games against expliots and hackers.