?
  1. Yes, I'm on 4.0 and loving all the new features!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, because I'm an idiot!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, because IDK how!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, because I hate zeros!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, because I think 4.0 has negatives when really all it has is positives.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I like corn dogs!?!?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

If 4.0 is everything 3.2 is, and it has an SD-based menu and SDHC support, then why not upgrade? You are saying that you don't want to upgrade because it's the same and it only has one new feature... That's nonesense. I'm not saying this only for you, superrob, but for everyone who doesn't want to upgrade "only for the SD menu".

With 4.0 you'll be able to do everything you can do with 3.2, plus having that neat storage solution. I've been happily using 4.0 for some time now, and can't see any drawbacks to it.

But if you don't want to upgrade, hey, it's your Wii after all. You're not missing much, either.

2. ricflairandy

ricflairandy GBAtemp Regular

If you upgrade and follow those instructions, do you need to install any other cios other than rev10? i take it all other ios would be included in the 4 update?

3. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Your pretty much complaining about complainers. Those of us on top of things working fine with other versions aren't complaining. So this doesn't deserve a sticky and you shouldn't ever suggest one again.....ever.

4. BMasterP

BMasterP GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    euhhh didn't read the whole thread, but last time i checked about 4.0 (it's been a long time i know) cios corp was not working, ore something else, and that ment at that time no region free from disc channel. Can someone please direct me to a post where this is solved?

5. Alexrose

Alexrose Untitled

Well.. yes.. that's exactly the reason. If you don't WANT the storage solution, there's no reason to upgrade.

You just argued that point so badly. Let me summarise your post:

"You won't upgrade because you don't want an SD menu? That's a stupid argument! If you upgrade, it'll be exactly the same as now, but you'll waste time doing it and get a new feature that you don't want and don't use! Who WOULDN'T want that?!"

6. wiiman123

wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    @dimmujed...

Just so you know you don't need to update the system menu in order to play all Wiiware, Disc games.. and so on. Just install the new IOS files. No patches, nothing else required. Plus twilight hack still works.

3.2 is just fine, works fine, no need for 4.0. Unless you think the SD Card menu is somehow important.

7. kangarookangaroo

kangarookangaroo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have a black theme on my 3.2. can i still upgrade without my menu getting all messed up? or would it stay the same?

8. leemufc

leemufc GBAtemp Regular

so if your happy with 3.2 whats the point in spending all the time and effort upgrading to 4.0 and installing everything again
    i personally wont update until nintendo brings something useful for me in their new firmware!!

9. payas

payas Member
    Newcomer

I was on 3.2 for a long time but decided to update for the wiiware from sd card. With 3.2 you could only install a few games but with the sd card feature of 4.0 i have 25 and all work fine. All other features such as usb loader and dvd backups all run with no problems. I used wanna 4.0 update and poped preloader on as i was unable to use bootmii. I think if 3.2 is for you and you are not bothered in wiiware games that much then dont update but if you like your wiiware then go for it, just follow instructions and you should be fine [​IMG]

10. InfernoZeus

InfernoZeus GBAtemp Regular

I'm still on 3.2 because everything works... I don't see any reason to update [​IMG]

11. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

many reasons why i want to stick with 3.2E

i don't use my Wii as much anyway
    big risk of a brick upgrading using that installer
    action replay disc not working on 4.0
    nintendo forcing a update on you

it's not worth it imo, the custom cios takes care of everything anyway.

12. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    No reason to update for me, really.
    Agree with jalaneme.

-Don't use Wii too much
    -Bricking risk (though I have Bootmii as boot2 but still)
    -Trucha bug fixed
    -Don't need SD card menu

13. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yup, no reason to update for me, like what jalaneme, and wchill said. But yea, for all those people who plays it alot, they should upgrade...

14. WiiCrazy

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

15. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

No, obviously, if you don't want the SD menu, then it's fine not to upgrade. What I think is illogical, and that's what you seem to be missing from my previous post, is that many people don't upgrade solely because they think that 4.0 is just a "3.2 with SD support". If it's just 3.2 with a new feature, then the most natural step to take would be to upgrade, since you'll be getting the much-adored 3.2 AND SD support. You can't go wrong if you follow any of the many tutorials here in GBAtemp. And it is not an "effort" you have to make to upgrade. Or at least, it's one as big as downgrading from 3.3/upgrading to get to 3.2...

If you don't want to upgrade, that's fine. Chill out, leemufc. No one is forcing you to do anything.

16. leemufc

leemufc GBAtemp Regular

k im chilled and respect your opinions

17. joshed

joshed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wanin's 4.0 update bricked my wii but i had a nand backup already... i forgot to downgrade to 3.2 from 3.3 before the 4.0 update

18. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    ? that shouldnt matter I know someone who went from 3.4 to 4.0 using waninkoko, without downgrading

19. joshed

joshed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well it wasnt a full brick, you may not even be able to call it a briock but when i went 3.3 to 4.0, no channels would install, and no trucha bug was there anymore. so i NAND restored back to 3.2 and said fuck it

20. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    well ofcourse no trucha anymore [​IMG] And you have to install hbc/cios first
    so that was not a brick or wanin's fault really

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - UPGRADE, REASON,