There is an urgent need for 3DS brew FAQs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 0bvious, May 10, 2015.

1. 0bvious
    OP

0bvious Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2007
    Some great work going on in the 3DS homebrew/hack community. Only problem is, that unless you are willing to search through and read a bunch of random threads on here it is often really hard to keep up to date with what is possible.

For instance, Cell9's Savegame Manager tool looks great. I am keen to decrypt my saves so I can FINALLY downgrade to 4.5. But, I just don't understand enough of the NTR 1.0 vs 2.0 stuff to commit. Even searching for NTR threads on here isn't possible because the search term is too short :-p

Is someone / a group of people willing to write up some simple guides that cover all the tools, how to install them, and what can be done with them? Even a glossary and list of links to important threads would be good.

The 3DS Brew Wiki seems like a good place for this, but is not updated often enough.

Margen67, SickPuppy and thorasgar like this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_PC_utilities

the problem is nobody seems interested to maintain it.
    It's a lot of work, but feel free to help and create a page for each homebrew and tool.

3Dbrew wiki will probably remove/forbid listing tools used for piracy (installing cia, etc.) like it did with Wii and wad.
    so, using Wikitemp will be better for completion.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. 0bvious
    OP

0bvious Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2007
    Thanks. I had forgotten about the wiki here.

Lots of empty spaces, and not much to go on for a newbie. Back in the Wiibrew days there were some amazing tutorials out there, with all the tools linked and zipped. I suppose 3DSbrew is still young, but organisation is key!

Margen67 likes this.