Hacking theotherzone, download official discart only?

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lately when I've been getting disc art through the USB Loader GX, it's been downloading people's custom disc art, and not the official disc art. The custom art looks just like a modified version of the box art. You can usually tell if it's official or custom, because official is limited to 2 or 3 colors, while the custom art is full color. Could they make a different section for custom disc art and another one for an actual scan of the original disc art? For example, the Punch-Out disc art is custom, while Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Galaxy are the official disc art on the site.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe gx loader downloads whatever is available first.
If custom artwork is all there is then thats what you get.

I agree with you though i dont like the custom work at all.Id rather have the official disc artwork.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Go copy all of the disc covers then ,send them to them then , becuase there is only 186 USA real disc covers and , we need 370 more of them

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not the loaders fault.

The site is designed in such a way that it checks for official disc art first , if it doesnt find it it checks for custom disc art instead and displays that from the same link.

1. Check 4 digit code for high quality original discart - if the file exists output it , failing that
2. Check 3 digit code and use P as 4th Digit High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
3. Check 3 digit code and use E as 4th Digit High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
4. Check 3 digit code and use J as 4th Digit High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
5. Check 3 digit code with Custom High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
6. Check 3 digit code Custom Image - if the file exists output it , failing that
7. If all above fail , output a blank page to avoid an error page so loaders can use a no image option.

Basically , if a high quality original image is available it will be used , if its not then it wont.

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also if there is custom disc art on site you could try to find original retail art and upload it to be moderated and it may replace custom art !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.