Reactions: Qtis and Eerpow

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The link was to gbatek which is normally considered the go to hardware docs for the GBA and DS (he also has one for the GB/GBC http://nocash.emubase.de/pandocs.htm among other things). The specific link was covering the GBA screen colours and a hardware bug/bad implementation that might have seen some GBC games not have the proper colours if they were played on the GBA.
The short version was even though it technically supported it at chip level in hardware the GBA was not a perfect GBC thanks to the screen.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The link was to gbatek which is normally considered the go to hardware docs for the GBA and DS (he also has one for the GB/GBC http://nocash.emubase.de/pandocs.htm among other things). The specific link was covering the GBA screen colours and a hardware bug/bad implementation that might have seen some GBC games not have the proper colours if they were played on the GBA.
The short version was even though it technically supported it at chip level in hardware the GBA was not a perfect GBC thanks to the screen.
I see. So, similar "miniscule" issues as playing DS games on the 3DS... doesn't bother me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Them Ninty jerks are going to hoard millions of DSes for themselves!

..If they stop selling them, why would they keep producing them? Some assumptions are okay to make..
What? No, you have it backwards.

They said they will continue to sell them.

They did NOT say they will continue to product them, but they also did NOT say they will stop producing them.

When asked about production, they answered with sales.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
nGghptr.jpg

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
personally, if i was nintendo, I would want to sell a million more than the ps2 did and then call it quits.
I mean, it's not like sony or microsoft would be able to outsell this again. It's probably never going to get as close as this again, so go for it, nintendo

I just bought my friend's DS Lite for $65 from her, and she gave me 6 games with it for free. :3

(She set the price, and I agreed.)

It's funny how woman deal with that, isn't it? I've got both my ds lite and around 14 games for free. from girls. because they upgraded to a 3ds or a ps3 and didn't need their ds games anymore... well, can't beat that logic

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
personally, if i was nintendo, I would want to sell a million more than the ps2 did and then call it quits.
I mean, it's not like sony or microsoft would be able to outsell this again. It's probably never going to get as close as this again, so go for it, nintendo

Depending upon what goes the likes of android sales might top it in a such a way that it eclipses them.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And what no sex?
It's my good friend's girlfriend, but I'll nail her eventually. ;)

It's funny how woman deal with that, isn't it? I've got both my ds lite and around 14 games for free. from girls. because they upgraded to a 3ds or a ps3 and didn't need their ds games anymore... well, can't beat that logic
My best friend gave me her DSi-XL for free, with 4 games just because she never played it... and two of those games were Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Blue rescue Team.

DSTwo with GBA Emulation, My cellphone, my PC can do that. And soon the 3DS itself by VC.
Why you care so much about GBA?
GBA has some of the best games, including Pokemon Emerald, Liquid Crystal, SNES remakes, etc. Lots of good stuff came out for GBA. Also, the GBA can run Goomba roms for even older games.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
GBA has some of the best games, including Pokemon Emerald, Liquid Crystal, SNES remakes, etc. Lots of good stuff came out for GBA. Also, the GBA can run Goomba roms for even older games.
Isn't Liquid Crystal a hack? If so, I don't think that's fair to count as a reason the GBA had a good lineup.

That said, I agree with you. GBA is in my personal top three Nintendo libraries (along with the SNES and DS). There's still so many great GBA games that I just haven't gotten around to playing, yet, and the one I'm playing right now is my newfound all time favorite GBA game (Kirby & the Amazing Mirror).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Liquid Crystal a hack? If so, I don't think that's fair to count as a reason the GBA had a good lineup.

That said, I agree with you. GBA is in my personal top three Nintendo libraries (along with the SNES and DS). There's still so many great GBA games that I just haven't gotten around to playing, yet, and the one I'm playing right now is my newfound all time favorite GBA game (Kirby & the Amazing Mirror).
Yeah, i guess I was assuming rom hacks were also part of it's popularity, since most people play the roms from flash carts over buying the actual carts, both of which are expensive now and difficult to find. I'm still using my EZ-Flash III 1Gb dev kit, but I'd like to switch to the fat-style EZ-flash IV if anyone has one for ~$35.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i guess I was assuming rom hacks were also part of it's popularity, since most people play the roms from flash carts over buying the actual carts, both of which are expensive now and difficult to find. I'm still using my EZ-Flash III 1Gb dev kit, but I'd like to switch to the fat-style EZ-flash IV if anyone has one for ~$35.
Most people? Maybe on this forum (this is the temp after all), but I wouldn't say most people in general.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Depending upon what goes the likes of android sales might top it in a such a way that it eclipses them.
Are we talking all Android devices, or sales of one particular device?

Interesting side-note: Nokia 1100 sold 250 million units.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu