Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys, I am waiting for my new 3DS to get mailed to me. But I was looking into homebrew entry points on v11 while waiting. I came up with a theory that seems plausible to me, I just wanted to post it to see what you guys think. When I get my n3DS I want to try it.

You can access the Homebrew Browser via ThemeHaxs for v11.
So why not purchase one of the games that have an exploitable save on the v11 3DS. (Fieldrunner for example)
Access the Homebrew Browser
Using GodMode9 or some file system browser to bring the required savedata to the SysNand.

It's because the save file is what executes the hack, so once that's in place you are set.
Follow rest of the Plailect Guide to downgrade for CFW.

You don't need to do a system transfer because you do it all through the v11 3DS so you don't have to worry about having another one or doing a hardmod.

I am referencing the process for downgrading from Plailect Guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

What do you guys think?

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes guys, I figured there was a limitation, but I wanted to post it to see what the community thought. GodMode9 was just an example of a filebrowser. Would there be another one that works to overwrite savedatas without the arm9 exploit? Like JK Save Manager.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Yikes guys, I figured there was a limitation, but I wanted to post it to see what the community thought. GodMode9 was just an example of a filebrowser. Would there be another one that works to overwrite savedatas without the arm9 exploit? Like JK Save Manager.
Well nand files are well hidden files cuz they are dangerous to edit only godmode can do that .
<snip>

Last edited by raulpica,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nand files are well hidden files cuz they are dangerous to edit only godmode can do that .

:v
Honestly it's all good knowing that it's not possible. I just wanted to post it to see what people thought. I am sure I am not going to be the first or last person to come up with this :D

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, to have an access to the DSiWare savedata you only need... you guessed it, an ARM9 exploit

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just stop. I mean i've been using homebrew for long time, never know that D9 and all the clones was arm9 exclusive, no need to be rude, just stop...
Everybody did that at least once..

It all good. This thread should be closed if there isn't going to be anything else.

Thanks All!

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my. You guys are so rude. This guy just made a decent theory and suddenly yelled shit at him. Jesus Christ, calm y'all shits!

Okay, TC, that was a good theory, but it's too good to come true. Missed opportunity would be arm9loaderhax. If there was an easier way to install the system, then that'll be great, but right now we don't have an easier method except using another 3DS system or hardmoding your current system. Eventually, someone will create an easier method.

Last edited by LuxerWap,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The reason people are frustrated is because if it was that easy, we'd already be doing that and wouldn't be recommending a system transfer.
Right, but yelling at the OP just passes us as a community of assholes.

Neatly explaining why is not possible would be the right thing to do.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse