Theory of Immortality???

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want opinions in this one. This stuff has been bothering me for a month now.

Everything you'll see below is of course, fictitious.

Let's say everyone is born immortal. Obviously we don't know about it so we won't care and do stuff that we want, when we want. The truth is that something makes us mortal. In your opinion, what could the "thing" be?

Don't take facts in mind because this is just a question to know other people's opinions. So don't go like "but the blabla theory states that blabla hush hush kukakuka ".

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our ability to die, by definition, makes us mortal.
ph34r.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
ph34r.gif

QUOTE(Mewgia @ May 29 2008, 01:17 AM) Free radicals caused by cellular/chemical reactions with oxygen

What they said along with natural levels of radiation causing us to decay slowly over time.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We die to preserve the circle of life.. cmon havent you all seen lion king.... if we didn't die, imagine this world would have been so ruined...

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
you say its fictitious so I wonder why does the idea that we are born immortal bother you ?
Do you really think that its fictitious ? its seams like you are playing with the idea as being fact.
the reason we die is coded into our dna I have heard.
The bible says that Adam and eve where immortal and after they disobeyed god they got sick and death and decay entered into the world. It says in the bible that early humans after adam and eve lived for 900 years and as time has gone on life expectancy has decreased.

fact or fiction It sounds interesting.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Linkiboy said:
ph34r.gif

QUOTE(Mewgia @ May 29 2008, 01:17 AM) Free radicals caused by cellular/chemical reactions with oxygen

What they said along with natural levels of radiation causing us to decay slowly over time.
I'm going to stop breathing.
ph34r.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bamboo said:
you say its fictitious so I wonder why does the idea that we are born immortal bother you ?
Do you really think that its fictitious ? its seams like you are playing with the idea as being fact.
the reason we die is coded into our dna I have heard.
The bible says that Adam and eve where immortal and after they disobeyed god they got sick and death and decay entered into the world. It says in the bible that early humans after adam and eve lived for 900 years and as time has gone on life expectancy has decreased.

fact or fiction It sounds interesting.
I...can't believe you actually played the religion card, but that entire theory is destroyed by the fact that life expectancy has been proven to be rising over the years.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
TrolleyDave said:
Linkiboy said:
ph34r.gif

I'm going to stop breathing.
ph34r.gif
Heh, guess it's too bad over 70% of our body is water, which is mostly oxygen...
And yes I know you were being nonserious.

[edit] hmmm how i merge post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: