123noob321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
Bamboo said:
you say its fictitious so I wonder why does the idea that we are born immortal bother you ?
Do you really think that its fictitious ? its seams like you are playing with the idea as being fact.
the reason we die is coded into our dna I have heard.
The bible says that Adam and eve where immortal and after they disobeyed god they got sick and death and decay entered into the world. It says in the bible that early humans after adam and eve lived for 900 years and as time has gone on life expectancy has decreased.

fact or fiction It sounds interesting.
I...can't believe you actually played the religion card, but that entire theory is destroyed by the fact that life expectancy has been proven to be rising over the years.
right..so you're telling me that people live longer now then they did when there was no pollution? you're smart. and fyi a long time ago people were actually alot bigger than they are now which is why they lived longer. thats why there is huge footprints of humans..dated way back..scientific like...
unsure.gif
also humans are smaller because there isn't as much oxygen on the earth so they started being born smaller because they had less air.
lecture.gif

also..if dinosuars were alive today they wouldnt have enough oxygen to survive due to....I think something about the ozone layer opening which gives us less oxygen?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Diablo1123 said:
And think about how full the Earth will be

Creatures that live a long time have a low birth rate ...

If we lived for even a few centuries, let alone millenia, aeons or 'forever', our biological imperatives for reproduction would be virtually non-existent ...

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a theory I used to hold dear when I was young. Then I heard that this is how some Schizophrenics interpret the world. So..I shy away from it now.
Theory follows:

I am immortal, so are you. Because you are all figments of my own imagination. Everything I ever see, feel or know has been produced by the portion of my mind which science has deemed unused. Consciousness is just a sliver of my mind. The rest is busy creating the world around me. I control myself and everything else that exists. I only exist to myself and no one else I don't care to reveal myself to. Nothing exists if I don't know it or recognise it.

If you want to keep living....don't disagree
tongue.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
Diablo1123 said:
And think about how full the Earth will be

Creatures that live a long time have a low birth rate ...

If we lived for even a few centuries, let alone millenia, aeons or 'forever', our biological imperatives for reproduction would be virtually non-existent ...
That'd be even worse
We might not have ever been born!
Then we wouldn't have this conversations

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
Here is a theory I used to hold dear when I was young. Then I heard that this is how some Schizophrenics interpret the world. So..I shy away from it now.
Theory follows:

I am immortal, so are you. Because you are all figments of my own imagination. Everything I ever see, feel or know has been produced by the portion of my mind which science has deemed unused. Consciousness is just a sliver of my mind. The rest is busy creating the world around me. I control myself and everything else that exists. I only exist to myself and no one else I don't care to reveal myself to. Nothing exists if I don't know it or recognise it.

If you want to keep living....don't disagree
tongue.gif

No that is not how I, as a schizophernic, view the world at all, but Ironiclly that is how a few of my satanist friends believe

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory is based on the medical reasoning behind cancer.

You see, what happens when you get cancer is that you get what they call 'free radicals', these radicals are chaotic destructive molecules that cause anything from generic aging to serious medical problems.

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of "Antioxidants" but what they do is pretty much put these back to sleep and fix what they've done, and stop them from causing more problems, it's proven to work, however no one knows it's effect on aging.

There are many foods and drinks that contain antioxidants, my favorite being "Penta Water", which is made into an antioxidant through ways of deionization in which what they do is spin it for approx 11 hours with medical grade oxygen used to increase the pressure which helps. In any case, if 11 hours is enough to help a patch of skin (Private scientist tested) from 54% of problems it would develop, and keep it healthier, imagine how much pressure spinning would do.

I believe this is also the concept behind the fountain of youth, and at one time with how clean the air was and possibly whirlpools, I could see it happening, depending on how long it's been spinning. It could potentially create immortality as far as pestilence and age goes, and as far as that works the only thing to kill them would be something that actually mortally wounds them.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
immortality would set off the natural balance (not that we humans haven't upset that balance already) and everything would fall (even faster than it is now). also, think of the sun, and the life cycle of a star. stars blow up. and when the sun blows up (in apporximately 3 billion years), earth is within the explosion range. discovery channel says everything up to saturn gets destroyed. and even saturn gets stripped to the core.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Material fatigue. Our body can regenerate itself (up to a point), but after a while the regeneration mechanisms themselves deteriorate (and the regeneration-mechanism's regeneration mechanisms... inevitably you run out of backups), and one's body doesn't regenerate as well or as completely as when it was young. Microscopic and initially negligible cracks and faults in our various tissues accumulate over the years and finally the whole body breaks down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over