1. MikaDubbz

OP MikaDubbz GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah, this thought just occurred to me, I doubt this would ever happen even if it is possible. But I'm curious all the same, in theory, could a GBC emulator built for the Wii U (not vWii) recognize the camera in the Wii U's gamepad as the Game Boy Camera's camera in the event you load that rom? It'd be really neat to take those classic pixelly photos again but with the Wii U Game Pad.

Chainhunter, Moon164 and E1ite007 like this.
  2. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    Well, yeah the Gamepad has a camera, so in theory a future emulator would be able to use the camera, heck, we could also get a camera app... the thing is finding someone who is able and has the will to spend their time in that kind of project.

tfocosta likes this.
  3. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Someone tried to Port mGBA to WiiU (a gb/gbc/gba emulator for 3ds, PS Vita and android that have emulated camera for the game boy camera rom) but with no success for now.

september796 likes this.
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Sure, it's possible, but apart from just being a wiiu after all, I'm not even sure if the usual homebrew libraries have camera support at all

E1ite007 likes this.
  5. EddieEddie90

EddieEddie90 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    They already did this on the 3DS, so it's most likely doable on the Wii U

The thing is, is there anybody interested in doing so? probably not.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Theoretically, emulator, GamePads