Homebrew themes: photoshop wont open BMP ..?..

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SOLVED!: the images for themes are really PNG, and not BMP.. the program exports them with the extension ''.bmp'', but when checking the info of the image, you clearly see that its really a PNG.. thanks to PirateSephiroth for telling me!
********​

hell-o all tempers and temperesses!:moogle:
i have a small problem, wich i'm sure its pretty simple to solve..i just never ran into this issue so i'm not sure what to try for now..so i come to you! thats right..YOU!..you hold the answer to my question!..maybe?...HOPEFULLY! :P

That being said, here's my tiny problem:
in photoshop, i cannot open the BMPs (bitmap) from themes..but i can on other apps like paint and gimp. I have the bmp plugins install since i can usually edit bmp without problems.
At first i tought it was because i was using a portable version of photoshop (wich have the plugin wbmp but not bmp..) so i installed the normal bmp plugin..still no luck.
What happen when i try to open it in photoshop is this:
''could not complete your request because file-format module cannot parse the file.'':teach:

..now what comes to my mind, its about the colour palette..but that cant be right, right?..
Anyway, i know it most be really a simple thing..but i tought someone here could help me out on this one! :bow:

EDIT: i just tried saving it thru paint, into a 24-bit bmp and photoshop is now able to open them..weird..

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks all for your replies :grog:
..people..i've already said that the only way i was able to edit them in photoshop was by saving it before in paint, as a 24-bit instead of 32..so no need to tell me that again :P

Asia81: yah i've actually found YATA yesterday so i'il try it today..looks like a usefull tool! ;)

pirateSephiroth: oh really? oh..didnt know..so that mean PNG will work and display right on the 3ds? nice!..but why does it save in a 32-bit bitmap?
Does the original themes originally uses PNGs?
:bow:

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks all for your replies :grog:
..people..i've already said that the only way i was able to edit them in photoshop was by saving it before in paint, as a 24-bit instead of 32..so no need to tell me that again :P

Asia81: yah i've actually found YATA yesterday so i'il try it today..looks like a usefull tool! ;)

pirateSephiroth: oh really? oh..didnt know..so that mean PNG will work and display right on the 3ds? nice!..but why does it save in a 32-bit bitmap?
Does the original themes originally uses PNGs?
:bow:
It's a mistake in the file naming. The files are PNGs with .BMP extension.

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
omg i just noticed in in sage thumbs lol..
i open the BMP into it, and it clearly shows 'PNG' beside of 'format type' ...well thats funny lol..perhaps the application was build based on a BMP extractor for something else? ah well.. from now on i'il keep them in PNGs :D

thanks for the help!:grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs