Hacking Themes: Manual Mode vs. Automatic Mode

Dark Reality

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first got my R4DS, it only had the 12 themes it came with. I could cycle through them just hitting SELECT. Hit SELECT, new theme loads. Hit it again, next theme loads. Nice.

Then I discovered NDSthemes.com. I downloaded 6-7 of them, and deleted all my themes, replacing them with the ones I had. Something didn't work, and somebody over on GameFAQs said there have to be 12 of them or the R4DS isn't happy. OK, so I went on the CD, and copied over enough to make 12 folders and renamed the folders accordingly, hoping that would set it straight.

It didn't.

Now every time I change themes, I have to hit A or tap the button. It says THEME SELECT as the window title and MANUAL MODE then THEMExx below that, and then the button says OK(A). When I get to the last one, I have to do it twice, only the second time, it says AUTOMATIC MODE instead of MANUAL MODE.

How can I get it back to where you can just select themes with SELECT without having to hit OK or A?

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Automatic mode means that the theme selected is based on what month of the year it is. Since it's december right now, it goes from theme 12 to theme 12. In January, you will see theme 1 twice in a row. Just deal with it.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't have to reformat the card, and the firmware doesn't affect how it handles themes. I answered his questions in my last post.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first got my R4DS, it only had the 12 themes it came with. I could cycle through them just hitting SELECT. Hit SELECT, new theme loads. Hit it again, next theme loads. Nice.

Now every time I change themes, I have to hit A or tap the button. It says THEME SELECT as the window title and MANUAL MODE then THEMExx below that, and then the button says OK(A). When I get to the last one, I have to do it twice, only the second time, it says AUTOMATIC MODE instead of MANUAL MODE.

How can I get it back to where you can just select themes with SELECT without having to hit OK or A?
Your memory's faulty.

Like sylux92 said, you always had to press "A" after pressing select. I've got four of these buggers. Trust me, they all worked that way from day one.

And like zeppo said, the theme that repeats is just the R4 making the switch between manual and automatic mode.

Don't worry, the buttons on the DS are designed for such harsh duty.

striderx

vincom2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You don't actually have to fill the folders btw. I have a theme01 folder with a theme inside, and theme02 to theme12 are empty folders. It works with manual mode.

Dark Reality

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I was pretty sure I was able to jump from theme to theme without hitting A until I went messing with the themes, but if everyone says it's always been that way, perhaps it was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.