ThemeHAX isn't booting up after 2.5 hax update

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Defaultio, Oct 28, 2015.

  1. Defaultio
    OP

    Defaultio GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    105
    9
    Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Hello, I am new to GBATEMP, but I know my way around this place. Okay, so after I replaced and renamed the homebrew payload to menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin I reinserted it back into my 3ds, pressed L, and then static on only the top and not the bottom. I don't know why this happens, probably the payload. I tried to reinstall themehax, but I remembered, TubeHAX and BrowserHAX are blocked. Well sorta BHAX but ya know. So does anyone have an old 3ds 2.1 homebrew payload. Also I am running 10.1.0-27 normal firmware.
     
  2. Ammako

    Ammako GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    6,404
    3,535
    Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You want the ropbin payloads.
    If you got the 2.5 one from smea's homebrew website, try again and again until it works.

    Did your ThemeHax already have a menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin before you tried updating to 2.5? (exactly "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin")
    Because if it didn't it won't magically pick up the new one.

    (btw I am on O3DS 10.1.0-27U, and the ropbin payload on the root of the SD card is named ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA21504_old3ds.bin)
    I *think* filename for the ropbin might differ depending on which version of ThemeHax you used to install. I used the unofficial 1.3 release, while the one from the guide is 1.2 so I don't know if it makes a difference. Try namind it "ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA21504_old3ds.bin", though.
     
  3. Defaultio
    OP

    Defaultio GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    105
    9
    Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Well i want the 2.1 menuhax ropbin payload not 2.5.
    It already had it, duh.
    I'm on the same hardware as you.
    I used the official 1.2 release, not the one updated with 2.5 the one with 2.1 or 2.0 i think.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    ok so i renamed it, and same thing, error.