Theme Hospital

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by 12345, Mar 20, 2011.

Mar 20, 2011

Theme Hospital by 12345 at 2:35 PM (3,535 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. 12345
    OP

Member 12345 GBAtemp Regular

I have found a old classic ported for Wii [​IMG] Theme Hospital http://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/ He has released a beta 0.5 but it got no sound and that should be fixed from what I have read after that, but he hasnt compiled anything after 0.5 and there have been allot of fixes after that, so Im doing this tread in hope of someone more experienced than me would be able to compile a version with all new stuff.

Regards Daemon

2. Category

Member Category Trainee Romhacker

United Kingdom
    That site makes no mention of a Wii port, do you know there is one?

It is based on SDL, so it could be possible (as long as no other strange/closed libs are used).

3. MrTea

Member MrTea GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I wonder if theme hospital plays with sound on wii dosbox anyway?

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

I'll do a proper release of corsix-th for wii (fully ported with sound) later today.

5. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    would be great to see a port to the wii, kudos to the person who delivers

6. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Love theme hospital.
    Would love to see a port of this on the wii.

7. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

I was too tired to make the video for the release post yesterday, doing it now.

For the record, I am the "he" that the OP was talking about who made the preview version with no sound.

Edit: Too busy to get it done today and now I'm exhausted, pushing it to tomorrow (again).

8. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    nice one, will have to try this soon

9. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Mate, I saw the comment above and being honest, I thought you were just chatting shit, lol. Didn't realise you actually had ported that.

Thats amazing mate, as soon as its available with sound, I will DEFINATELY be downloading this.

Absoloutly adore Theme Hospital, still got an original copy and still to this day play it every now and then. Can't believe no-one tried your other version, I would've had I noticed it earlier. To be fair though the topic was called CorsixTH, until now I had no idea what that was and wouldn't have clicked the topic

10. sonknuck23

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    THEME HOSPITAL ON THE WII? Holy Fuck. I love you.

11. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

12. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
  13. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    lal, i loved this game not just a bit
    but back then, i dunno why, it was kinda hard for me
    never really managed to do good things with surgery xD

now just a dungeon keeper port and my bro too will have his life complete [​IMG]

14. Bladeforce

Bladeforce Newbie

i am trying this and when i try to browse to the hosp dir it freezes straight away

15. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

What does it show on screen? Is there anything connected to your wiimote?

16. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Mate, any chance you can dumb down the bit about sound.
    I went over to that freepats project, no fuckin clue what to download. I don't follow that bit at all, sorry, and I'm pretty good with shit generally, lol. So any chance of a more lamans terms go through the sound?

17. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Right, all tried and tested.

HOLY FREAKIN WOW DUDE!!!!!!!

This is an amazing job, truly fuckin stellar. Runs amazing, just like it always did on PC, and using the wiimote for it actually works really well.

Very very impressed, noticed no bugs, played for about 20 mins, opened a hospital and had some patients, played with speeds, settings etc, edge scrolling, everything works spot on.
    Although it did seem to take a while to get some patients and I noticed on the corsixth page they mentioned a speed improvement in their latest build, I'm guessing yours isn't based off that so maybe this is why it seemed to take a while.
    Oh still couldn't figure the music out too, but the sound works fine.

But either way mate, flaming outstanding, words can't describe how I feel, I love this game and can easily see myself playing this on the wii for a long time to come. My mrs came downstairs half way through too and her jaw dropped, she was absoloutly stunned, she loves the game too, proper excited she is now.

Hope you win the bounty mate

Oh yeah and it took about 30 secs to boot, I thought the wii had crashed and it popped up just as I was about to power off. Just in case anyone else thinks the same

18. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

It was right up to date with their SVN when I posted it, so should be equivalent to the official beta6 release happening later today (unless any big changes get checked in before then). Not sure what's happening with the patient spawn rate, up until a few days ago it was broken because patients kept turning up before the hospital was even open for business... Now it seems like they initially take forever to show up but I think that's by design. They literally pour through the doors once your reputation starts getting high.

For the music problem I'll sort something out, just need some time to upload stuff.

19. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Yeah I do remember it taking a while at first on the PC, and to be fair it was a quick gash little hospital I made, I'll give it a much better test at the weekend, I'm sure its fine though mate

20. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Here's the freepats files in the proper directory structure, just extract this zip directly to the root of your SD/USB: http://www.mediafire.com/?154m45yyde1fm32

Note that these files are GPL licensed, which is the main reason they're not already included in the CorsixTH download.