Hacking Theme Help!

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should find a folder with pictures just swap them out and you'll have the new theme in.

I'm assuming your using Wood R4 if not you should be.
Taken from the FAQ

Q: How can I add my own themes?
A: Once you find a theme of your liking, place it in this folder:
"K:\__rpg\ui"

Q: How do I switch themes?
A: You switch theme by going into Start>Settings>System Settings Tab.

Q: What themes does this cart use?
A: All Acekard 2/2.1/2i themes should work.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
You should find a folder with pictures just swap them out and you'll have the new theme in.

I'm assuming your using Wood R4 if not you should be.
I'm assuming you didn't know that Wood R4 most likely doesn't work on an R4i Pocket.

OP: If the R4i Pocket is the same as most R4 clones, there should be a _system_/themes/ directory...Supposing it's anything like the R4 anyways, you should be able to change themes by pressing Select IIRC.

Gerard897

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does but I'm not looking for a theme for it. I can't find a _system_ folder but a SYSTEM folder. no themes in it. Theres a skin folder but theres only 2 pictures GAME_topp and GAME_DOWN. They're the pictures when I choose a game but I want to find the start up pictures.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I thought maybe WAIO or Wood R4 for m3 would work but regardless not really Wood R4 so I failed.

Well according to their website do this but if the loading screen bothers you that much you could switch to alternative firmware where it would be easier.
I have a feeling the loading screen is programmed into a file and cannot be changed easily. Might be a M3 or Dstt clone.

http://www.r4ipocket.com/producte.asp

7.Skin change method
Four files are alternative in the R4iMenu/Skin category: they are TScreen.bmp, BottomInit.bmp, TScreen.bmp and BottomScreen.bmp, which are the operation interface of R4, content in the pictures can be changed at random.

TScreen.bmp -- R4 NDSI Top screen interface after starting the machine
BottomInit.bmp -- R4 NDSI Bottom screen interface after starting the machine
TScreen.bmp -- R4 NDSI Top screen interface for the file category
BottomScreen.bmp -- R4 NDSI Bottom screen interface for the file category

Notice: The above files names can not be changed, picture must be in .bmp format with 8 or 24 digits, picture size must be of 256*192 pixel.
Once your favourite picture is ready, copy the complete category “TF card R4iMenu/ skin” to TF category.

Edit: Well regardless all three of us failed one way or another I hope you figure it out how
It is kind of strange that the R4i SDHC website looks almost the same as the R4i Pocket I guess that could be coincidence.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I took a look at the kernel that they have and it seems that specific clone has done something particularly distasteful. From what I can tell, they have the r4i.pk booted first and the images are most likely embedded in there. Apart from that, they are using ysmenu and it's a TTDS clone. If you wish to keep to a similar interface, you could potentially try deleting their kernel entirely and set up ysmenu for the TTDS initially and then use Spinal_cord's R4 menu homebrew which has the look and feel of the initial R4 menu, give or take some accuracy.
http://filetrip.net/f11949-R4Menu-1-2.html

For some general info about the kernel (I just grabbed whatever was latest), it's apparently a .7z file that they conveniently fucked up and renamed to .rar for one...r41.dat is ysmenu, r42.dat is ttmenu, menu.dll in the SYSTEM folder is from the R4i-SDHC (hm...imagine that, now wtf is that there for?) AND the SYSTEM folder is a duplicate of the TTMenu folder (why the hell they would have RE-added the TTMenu folder after spending the time to rename EVERYTHING in the SYSTEM folder is beyond me). There is a bunch of random shit and all of the "plugins" are actually just .nds files, some of which are duplicates. Quite frankly the entire kernel they provide is just a bunch of messy shit and you should just go with the idea in my first paragraph above.

Gerard897

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what you said and it looks perfect but when I select multimedia and games nothing happens. Also how to you make the r4 menu boot first.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Gerard897 said:
I did what you said and it looks perfect but when I select multimedia and games nothing happens. Also how to you make the r4 menu boot first.
DLDI patch the homebrew to your flashcart's dldi (TTIO probably) and then replace the R4i.pk probably. For getting the icons to go to the right places, you need to edit the r4menu.ini file to go to the correct places.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just rename the patched homebrew as R4i.pk and put the old one somewhere else, or delete it. Hopefully, it will work...though sometimes it isn't possible for certain flashcarts to swap the initial file booted, though for the most part, I've heard that most TTDS clones do it just fine (and that is what I'm banking on).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm not sure if this one will work, but it's worth a test I suppose...
http://www.mediafire.com/?9ivtgha5ar380w2

If this doesn't work, I'm pretty much out of ideas since that would mean you might not be able to change the initial file that is loaded...(you could try dldi patching it with the R4TF dldi...but I'm in doubt about if that one will work).

moogleion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you just download a kernel from a diff. r4i brand and change all the contents on your r4i pocket? will it work or just ruin your r4i card? (but I always make a back-up)
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: do you prefer simply flashing the drive rgh