Hacking Theme dump in the wild

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A zelda theme has been dumped and turned into a .cia, haven't had the chance to test it yet but nice to see these are getting dumped aswel :).

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Shame they are region locked but... pretty fucking cool that themes can be dumped and installed.

I bet it wont be long until people are able to edit them or something

I didn't know you could dump themes... If I had known I would have bought Shovel Knight here in EU which got a limited edition theme and could have tried to dump it for everyone. The deal ended TODAY.

UGH!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hm i thought the devmenu fixed the region lock...

you can INSTALL the cia, but it won't work. the title code is different.
i tried installing two japanese themes on my eur 3ds, but i got nowhere, some clever people tried to help but still had problems...
the title code for eur themes is CTR-M-HMMP-00, for japan it's CTR-M-HMMJ-00... editing the files and changing to the region you want, and rebuilding the cia does not seem to work. - changing the unique id does not seem to help either...
i'm sure the same region will work fine, but yes, at the moment it's tricky to have cross region themes working.
i would like to have my japanese exclusive thees on my eur 3ds, and my zelda eur theme on my japanese 3ds, i don't want to buy it twice ;)

Shame they are region locked but... pretty fucking cool that themes can be dumped and installed.

themes are just dlc :) (weird though, i would have thought each theme would have a separate dlc entry, but no...)

yeah word of warning i tried a US theme it installed and bugged my theme menu, i couldn't access it even after uninstalling so i needed to restore my emunand so just be careful it may of just been a bug idk

couldn't you have deleted the other dlc in devmenu? that said, it didn't bug mine when i tried (and failed) to install other region's theme. but yeah i just deleted it from the devmenu.
i heard from someone that he got someone else's theme installed but then could not access the theme store... but the theme worked... :)

Staff edit: Use the edit button next time.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd keep an eye on 3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu/Themes as it gets updated

And yeah themes are able to be dumped and repacked as a .cia, you only need SD Decryptor. Theme files look like they get put under a different directory to installed games, on mine games were under title\00040000 and the theme was under title\0004008c. Files you want should be under 0000<numbers>\content\00000000, run the .app files with their xorpads, which will give you encrypted .cfas then you
Code:
makerom -f cia -target t -major 1 -minor 1 -content <smaller-one>.cfa:0:0 -content <bigger-one>.cfa:1:1 -o Theme.cia

Or at least that's how it's worked for the two decrypted themes I've seen. Other themes might have more files, etc, I dunno, but this might be enough, at least for the themes that are available atm?

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i tried installing two japanese themes on my eur 3ds, but i got nowhere, some clever people tried to help but still had problems...
the title code for eur themes is CTR-M-HMMP-00, for japan it's CTR-M-HMMJ-00... editing the files and changing to the region you want, and rebuilding the cia does not seem to work. - changing the unique id does not seem to help either...
i'm sure the same region will work fine, but yes, at the moment it's tricky to have cross region themes working.
i would like to have my japanese exclusive thees on my eur 3ds, and my zelda eur theme on my japanese 3ds, i don't want to buy it twice ;)

themes are just dlc :) (weird though, i would have thought each theme would have a separate dlc entry, but no...)

hey can you tell me where i can get cia theme for jap console. cuz my 3ds reg is jap :)

justln

Trophies
XP
Country

Damn, sad to hear that. The 2 Monster Hunter 4G themes are AMAZING and cheap as well, would love to use them on my US XL. :(

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hey can you tell me where i can get cia theme for jap console. cuz my 3ds reg is jap :)

i made it myself :) sorry - you can do it too though

I'd keep an eye on 3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu/Themes as it gets updated

And yeah themes are able to be dumped and repacked as a .cia, you only need SD Decryptor. Theme files look like they get put under a different directory to installed games, on mine games were under title\00040000 and the theme was under title\0004008c. Files you want should be under 0000<numbers>\content\00000000, run the .app files with their xorpads, which will give you encrypted .cfas then you
Code:
makerom -f cia -target t -major 1 -minor 1 -content <smaller-one>.cfa:0:0 -content <bigger-one>.cfa:1:1 -o Theme.cia

Or at least that's how it's worked for the two decrypted themes I've seen. Other themes might have more files, etc, I dunno, but this might be enough, at least for the themes that are available atm?

sure, although just to be neat you should use the -dlc flag, right :)
as i said before, all the themes you have seemed to be in that one folder/listed under the same dlc, not separate dlc listings, so i think the more themes you have, the more .app files you will have... i think... :)

Use the edit button next time.

ernilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone write release name at least? I wanna take a look on it, custom theme's will be done in few weeks, preatty sure!!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks found it. Great news at least we now know that themes can be dumped in .cia format. I wounder how it was done?

Edit: I love it, proper cool the music and everything! :)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.