Theiving bastards

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

As y'all know I've been in an uncharactaristically good mood ever since I got my new job at JJB. Been there 9 weeks now. Already been promoted, got people I can boss about, the CEO himself has spoken to me and was very impressed. But I got my pay yesterday. And it's not all there. By the calculations of both myself and my boss, I should have a bare minimum of about £600 in my account. There's only £400 there. At least a third of my wages missing. Fuckers in Payroll have only paid me for my contracted hours, totally ignoring all the extra time I've put in over the last month, including coming in on my day off to work a 13 hour shift without a break.

The good news is that my boss has acknowledged the cock-up and as soon as our pay slips arrive in the mail on Monday morning, we'll be comparing what I've been paid to what I should have been, and from there ensure that the rest of my wages are paid in some fashion as soon as possible. Probably in next month's pay packet, but it is apparantly possible to get it Monday morning.

It's a pain in the arse 'cause I was planning on buying myself a PS3 today. I should have had about £400 available, more than enough. But thanks to this I only have about £150 available once I've set aside a budget for the coming month. I was also planning on getting my own broadband installed instead of leeching off the local unsecured setup. Again, that's gone for a burton. Still, such is life, I suppose. I can still buy myself a few shiny things. A few new 360 games, a few DVD's, etc. So it's not like I've been totally stiffed. I can survive without a PS3, I only have two PS3 games and one Blu Ray anyway, I'll either keep them for the rare occasion I can use the PS3 downstairs, or trade them in to save some money on some 360 games if I'll not be able to use them and it'll be ages before I can get my own PS3. It's only Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles, I can live without them.

On the flip side, my contract has been rewritten so as of now I'll be working at least 30 hours a week, upgrading from part time to full time. Sweet. I also don't have to put up with my lazy ass whore of a supervisor any more. She's been fired. She was instructed to clean and hoover the menswear department last night but while the rest of us worked hard to clear up the rest of the store, she stood at the till talking to her friends. So when it was time to go, she hadn't done any work so we had to clear up in her stead. She got yelled at and tried to pass the blame (onto me, no less) but our manager knew she was lying so he fired her on the spot. She's been warned countless times but never did any work, so it's not like she's suprised or anything.

Well, that's it. For those of you who want the TLDR version, it's basically work stiffed me on my wages but are sorting it, I've been promoted again, and my evil witch of a supervisor is no more. See you next time.

Blaze.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ripandsip said:
u need 2 get ur damn muny from those bastards cause hard work shuldn't b without pay.

^this. Totally this.

To be fair at least they're making an effort to resolve the issue. Possibly because I made it known there would be serious repurcussions should they fail me...
evil.gif

Additional: To be fair I seem to have done pretty damn well with the ammount I had. I've paid my bills for the month, bought myself four new games already (Red Dead Redemption £25, Hawx 2 £20, NFS Undercover £10, and Tony Hawk's Project 8 £10, all for 360), set aside more than enough to ensure I have tasty food for the whole month until I'm paid again, and I still have about 90 quid to dick about with. I have two options:

1) Save the money until Friday and purchase Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, assuming it does as rumoured come with all the expansions such as Witch Hunt and Golems of Angmarr (or whatever they're called) as opposed to simply the original game and Awakening, and I might pick up Force Unleashed 2 as well.

2) Skip buying those two and instead invest in a few DVD box sets I've been after for a while. Final Fantasy Unlimted, Red Dwarf, replace my busted copy of Ace Combat 6, pick myself up some sweet gloves to go with my chocobo scarf, and if I have enough left over I might pick up a new set of vinyls for my DS Lite, the Guitar Hero flame decals I have on there are totalled from years of use.

Suggestions? In fact, simply confirm the nature of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. If it does indeed contain all the expansions it will be worth the purchase. If not, I'll skip it and go with option 2.

Additional: Loneliness weighs heavily on us all. The only thing that keeps me sane is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, there's a DVD box set of all the shows going on eBay for about 25 quid. It's normally 50 in town. I don't think it includes the Back to Earth special, but that's pretty cheap around here anyway. Looking at picking it up along with the Final Fantasy Unlimited box set, £20 for all 25 episodes, the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age Origins for my 360 for £30 (what a friggin' steal, even cheaper if I wait til morning for my Reward Card points to activate) and maybe some new gloves. It means I miss out on Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for a few weeks, but I can survive without it. Besides, if I leave it long enough my old man will pick it up anyway, he nearly always does.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, congrats on promotions and pays and all that. It's not all bad, they're not thieving you by the sounds of it if you do get all your money, it'll taste that much sweeter if it does come in your bank account with your next payslip though
smile.gif

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okami Wolfen said:
QUOTE said:
This part made my day. =)

You can tell what mood I'm in by the Lali ho. Here's the key:

- Lali ho! = good news
- Lali ho. = neutral news/mildly pissed off
- Lali ho... = filled with murderous rage/terminally depressed. Become quite rare lately.

Wasn't even intentional, just something that developed as a character trait over time. Probably made worse by the fact that as I'm using my netbook and am therefore in my room, I have a cuddly moogle and a cuddly chocobo staring at me at all times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: