TheFlow announces WIP 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' port for the PS Vita

gta san andreas vita.jpg
Sony might have forgotten that it has a gaming handheld called the PS Vita but the homebrew scene hasn't. One of the latest works from the scene comes from TheFlow, who also recently disclosed an exploit on the PS4's firmware 7.55. Via a recent tweet, the modder announced that he managed to port the Android’s version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to the PS Vita by writing a .so (Shared Object) loader and replacing shaders.

TheFlow mentioned that this port wasn't as difficult as it might sound and got the game to run "at a good framerate", although it is still a work-in-progress with "lots to optimize".

Modder Rinnegatamante, who is helping TheFlow with renderer code, released a video of a recent build of the GTA: San Andreas port on the Vita and mentions that the current issues are mostly related to graphics quality and framerate:

Additionally, in the video description, Rinnegatamante clarifies that the whole port was done by TheFlow and that his work "basically makes possible to literally run the official Android apk on PSVita".

:arrow: SOURCE

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about Switch? Besides poorly working Android emulator with botched controls, there is no good way to play SA on Switch. Maybe a "port" of this port will happen? Just like these new Sonic recompilations?
EDIT: Tried a current build of Android 10 (from what I heard still very WIP), and the joycon inputs are working fine in SA, and the framerate is very good too.

Last edited by Bluer,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about Switch? Besides poorly working Android emulator with botched controls, there is no good way to play SA on Switch. Maybe a "port" of this port will happen? Just like these new Sonic recompilations?
Just use real Android? Though only on unpatched Switch atm

Reactions: SimisFul

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just use real Android? Though only on unpatched Switch atm
I don't know why I wrote "Android emulator", I meant a 8.1 Android rom for Switch, GTA SA works there, but the controls were bad and there were some framerate problems from what I remember (maybe it has changed). I think that this port should work better, especially when this version on PSVita already works at around 15fps.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know why I wrote "Android emulator", I meant a 8.1 Android rom for Switch, GTA SA works there, but the controls were bad and there were some framerate problems from what I remember (maybe it has changed). I think that this port should work better, especially when this version on PSVita already works at around 15fps.

San andreas works perfectly on android 10 on Switch, its all I've been playing lately

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We have already Android 10 in much better shape than 8. It's just doesn't have public image release. You need either compile it yourself or find someone who will share image for you.

Reactions: Bluer

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by 0x3000027E,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol