TheFl0w releases Henkaku Enso 3.65 support for 3.60 users

IMG_7099.JPG

Vita owners might be excited to know that thanks to the efforts of TheFl0w, that something big is on the way, soon. If you're on FW 3.60, now you'll be able to play games from higher firmwares, such as 3.65. Adrenaline and Henkaku Enso have already been updated to support 3.65 as well. You'll need to update using TheFl0w's method, as there's no native support for Vitas currently on 3.65 yet, though a release for that is in the works for later down the line. He has extensively tested this current method and will be releasing it today, at UTC+1 23:00.

:arrow: Source

:arrow: You can see a list of games that require FW 3.61+ here.

:arrow: Release

Pros
  • You will be able to access the PSN store, activate your device and download your purchased games again (only as long as Sony doesn't decide to release a new update that prevents you from doing that).
  • You will be able to play all games that were released for firmwares 3.61-3.65.
Cons
  • You will not be able to downgrade back to 3.60 if you find that this custom firmware doesn't suit you.
  • You can lose the ability to run homebrews, if you modify the OS and end up in a semi-brick where you are forced to reinstall the firmware. This should however not happen to a regular user, but I'd rather not install applications that modify read-only partitions like os0: or vs0:.
  • Some applications may not work on the new firmware and need to be ported.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
do you know whether I should use a throwaway email address when signing up to psn? will one of those ten minute email addresses work or should the email address remain active?
No idea. I have been yolo'ing it on all my PS devices (PS3 hacked, several hacked vitas, PS4 not yet hacked)

Then again, I don't do anything weird likegame modding or trophy editing or online cheating

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I have a banned account with the ps3, ps4, vita, and pstv. I'm not sure how I got banned either. I shouldn't have used the same account. serves me right for actually buying content on the psn store. I won't make that mistake again. ;) for some reason, my other two email addresses won't go through when it comes to psn. I may have to use my parents'.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well, I have a banned account with the ps3, ps4, vita, and pstv. I'm not sure how I got banned either. I shouldn't have used the same account. serves me right for actually buying content on the psn store. I won't make that mistake again. ;) for some reason, my other two email addresses won't go through when it comes to psn. I may have to use my parents'.
Physical will always be the way to go.. I have a hard stance on digital stuff

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, I went all digital with the wii u. I won't do that again. I've already sold all of my ps vita and 3ds carts as I did go retail there.

the digital stuff on the vita was only the new costumes for tales of hearts r. mai dump tool destroyed them when I bypassed pfs. I had to redownload them with nps browser. that had all of costumes including ones I didn't even buy. :D

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think it will be a series of port. not everything will be functional at once. its best to give theFl0w some time.

its good to see the scene growing and starting to get some love. (at least from CFW Users). i dont have a vita cos i cant get my hands on it at once. too much backlog and i think i cant play all at once because theres so many games on the 3ds, playstation and Switch. who knows. One of these Days.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually making a cma backup of my pstv. it's going to take about 10-15 hours for 128GBs. I'm only doing this in order to prepare for switching accounts and abandoning the old one. if this new account doesn't work properly, I have something to fall back on.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw yiss.

Just finished updating! Careful with unsupported plugins as they may render the Vita unbootable. Though, holding L while it's starting up will stop the plugins from loading.

Unfortunately VitaCheat and shellbat are not compatible. VitaCheat will cause the vita to not boot and shellbat will simply not work. Hopefully those will be updated.
VitaCheat might not, since the Dev behind it got his GitHub taken down. Wonder if someone got the Git before it did.
Have you tried GoHANmem or MEMdump? I know MemDump Codes, depending on what they are, can work for VitaCheat. Dont know if it is the same the other way. Let me know if you get VitaCheat running any other way.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna need to go to your Henkaku settings and enable Unsafe Henkaku after updating to enso 3.65 to make homebrew apps work again
Adrenaline was the only thing thats not compatible for me

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I want to buy a psvita but I don't know which, I have nothing from Sony and which ps vita is better than others
I just know I want a slim
Anyone can give me a link (amazon could be nice) and with a version between 3.60-3.65
(Sorry for my bad english)

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I want to buy a psvita but I don't know which, I have nothing from Sony and which ps vita is better than others
Anyone can give me a link (amazon could be nice) and with a version between 3.60-3.65
If you want a Slim Vita buy one!

But you need one with 3.60!!! Or below

Henkaku wont work on Vitas with >3.60

Reactions: Xyphoseos

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just give it a wait until it has a proper guide, I attempted to follow TheFl0w's guide and all it did was give me errors. The guide does no good for us SD2Vita users (well for me anyways), its more friendly to people who have a fresh 3.60 formatted Vita. Some useful plugins are gonna need to be updated anyways.

Last edited by VictorMoreno015,

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those like me who get stuck in a boot loop trying to "uninstall all plugins" without any sort of indication how that can be done, you can break out by holding L.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the noob question. Havent touch Vita for a long time. but how do you make a "CMA backup of vitashell"? and how do you uninstall plugin?

Last edited by askara,

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warning: Game2 SD may have been updated, but it's wonky. Enabling it deleted my tai folder and all other stuff I'd installed (it's literally no longer on either memory card), causing all henkaku stuff to disappear from the home screen and all plugins to disappear as well. BUT, since it deleted all of my plugins, and that includes game2SD, that's not working properly either. As far as I know, there's no way to get it back without reinstalling everything from scratch using my CMA backup of VitaShell. Hopefully I don't have any Henkaku issues ever, because MolecularShell seems to be gone for good.

It's probably because the updated version of Game2SD no longer properly mounts the memory card as UMA0, but instead forces it to mount over UX0.

Last edited by Nyteshade714,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can make a backup with qcma. do that before updating. that's what I'd suggest with all these reports of molecular shell and vita shell disappearing.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country

The question 'which PS vita is better than others' is a bit redundant as you've specified you want a slim which is the LCD version. There are only 2 types of Vita, the OLED version (fat) and the LCD version (slim). The slim has a moderately bigger battery and is obviously slimmer but the OLED version has a better screen for color and contrast reproduction.

If you're asking which to get with a firmware version between 3.60 - 3.65, no one is going to know unless this is specified on a listing on Ebay or you send the seller a question to ask.

Reactions: Xyphoseos
D

Deleted User

I actually have something to say that can help people

because you are unable to go back to 3.60 if you semibrick your fucked
especially if your me
ALOT of homebrew does not support 3.65 and the vita scene is not as active as the 3ds scene
so unless someone who has free time wants to port everything it will likely be a while until everything is ported (99% of the stuff I use is not supported)
if you mess with bootconfig alot and you break it
you WILL lose henkaku
if you don't want that then I suggest using the fork of the updater @SKGleba made
it supports ux0 for the bootconfig
if you break it you can boot without the memcard and use a clean bootconfig from ur0
because the updater updates the actual firmware it writes to f00d
because downgrades are impossible and updating is a little risky im working on something
someone might do it before me tho :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte