TheFl0w releases Henkaku Enso 3.65 support for 3.60 users

IMG_7099.JPG

Vita owners might be excited to know that thanks to the efforts of TheFl0w, that something big is on the way, soon. If you're on FW 3.60, now you'll be able to play games from higher firmwares, such as 3.65. Adrenaline and Henkaku Enso have already been updated to support 3.65 as well. You'll need to update using TheFl0w's method, as there's no native support for Vitas currently on 3.65 yet, though a release for that is in the works for later down the line. He has extensively tested this current method and will be releasing it today, at UTC+1 23:00.

:arrow: Source

:arrow: You can see a list of games that require FW 3.61+ here.

:arrow: Release

Pros
  • You will be able to access the PSN store, activate your device and download your purchased games again (only as long as Sony doesn't decide to release a new update that prevents you from doing that).
  • You will be able to play all games that were released for firmwares 3.61-3.65.
Cons
  • You will not be able to downgrade back to 3.60 if you find that this custom firmware doesn't suit you.
  • You can lose the ability to run homebrews, if you modify the OS and end up in a semi-brick where you are forced to reinstall the firmware. This should however not happen to a regular user, but I'd rather not install applications that modify read-only partitions like os0: or vs0:.
  • Some applications may not work on the new firmware and need to be ported.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A shame he didn't write that the savemanager doesn't work for now in the release notes.
Other than that the update is really great and everything works just like before.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
For what it's worth, people should really start moving away from the old gamesd.prx and usbmc.prx to StorageMgr.

Not only is it convenient and takes away the need of using 2 separate plugins, but it fixed bugs the original plugins had.

Erfg1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just compiled Storage Manager, it still doesn't work for 3.65. Also, USBMC drivers have not been updated to 3.65, so everyone using USB thumbdrives and PSVSD devices for storage should wait for drivers to be released.

Last edited by Erfg1,

TesseractStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to figure out how to go about this given my primary memory card is a USB drive connected to my PSTV, will it work if I remove the drivedand do the update through the internal memory and then reconnect the drive?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would now be a good time to reformat my memory card in order to get rid of a banned account? all I need to do is select activate on psn to get an act.dat, correct? or, do I need to buy something even something that's free? lastly, has anyone that any of you know of been banned using restore? my fear is activating the system, then being banned later on even if that's all I do. :)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
would now be a good time to reformat my memory card in order to get rid of a banned account? all I need to do is select activate on psn to get an act.dat, correct? or, do I need to buy something even something that's free? lastly, has anyone that any of you know of been banned using restore? my fear is activating the system, then being banned later on even if that's all I do. :)
It wouldn't hurt to buy something free.. cause you know.. no real loss or harm. But speaking technically I *think* activating would be enough.

As for restore usage, it should have no effect whatsoever

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't hurt to buy something free.. cause you know.. no real loss or harm. But speaking technically I *think* activating would be enough.

As for restore usage, it should have no effect whatsoever

do you know whether I should use a throwaway email address when signing up to psn? will one of those ten minute email addresses work or should the email address remain active?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs