Gaming Theatrhythm Final Fantasy gameplay

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vinnymac said:
Do they want to make me cry? They are killing us fans.
Really? They're killing you buy making a completely non-canon side game that has nothing to do with a main series and isn't even the same genre as the main series?

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally, I think that the game needs work, lots of it. Only waltz for the moon was done well (the waltz scene near the end), but that's probably because the music overpowered the ugly sound font. They really need to make several of them tailored to the song you're playing like in EBA, because it doesn't sound right now. What this game needs is polish and lots of it. What I think is what kills these games is bad execution. Take for example beat city. The game falls flat because you need to look at the screen for visual cues to play along, not even syncing up a little bit with the music. While you could play rythm heaven with your eyes closed, that's how well the game is made. Of course, you can't do it for this game, because you need to execute specific gestures.

Personally I do not think this game is not only based off of EBA, but taiko no tatsujin as well. My biggest gripe with EBA was the sporadic pattern of those hitmarkers across the screen, that also played its own rhythm. That can make the game that much harder. Taiko no tatsujin on the other hand only lets you focus on hitting the buttons on the right time, while sticking with the rythm of the game.

tl;dr This game has potential, but needs work, especially for the soundfont. It is a mix of EBA and taiko no tatsujin IMO.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Vinnymac said:
Really? They're killing you buy making a completely non-canon side game that has nothing to do with a main series and isn't even the same genre as the main series?
"Canon"? for the most part Final fantasy games are not linked story line wise. ( That is till Enix polluted the waters.) Instead of this "shovelware", why couldn't they release a actual RPG?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
machomuu said:
Vinnymac said:
"Canon"? for the most part Final fantasy games are not linked story line wise. ( That is till Enix polluted the waters.) Instead of this "shovelware", why couldn't they release a actual RPG?
But there are linked games nonetheless, so there is a canon. Final Fantasy VII's canon is especially large, it has Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, Possible Advent Children, and Crisis Core. Not to mention the Ivalice Alliance.

Plus, why would they make another RPG? They're already working on a bunch of other games. If you want another RPG, wait for Final Fantasy XIII-2 or Versus.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is more footage.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tBnxreaUA0[/youtube]

Even looks hard at some points?
They make it seem so fun.
laugh.gif