Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
typo in title: Launches Tomorrow

29707090.png

QUOTE said:
Nintendo is giving the Wii no Ma (Wii’s room) channel a major upgrade. Users will be able to watch feature films like the “Curious Case of Benjamin Button” and Kirby episodes in the new Theater no Ma (Theater Room) area.

Warner Brothers Japan, TV Asahi, Walt Disney Japan, Asmik Ace, NHK, J League Media, Sesame Workshop, Howcast, Bonus, Warp Star, Toei, NTV and the Pokemon Corporation will provide content for the service. Specific movies and anime series have not been announced, but Elmo videos should be available at launch.

58003009.png

QUOTEAside from this 100 Wii Point ($1) episode of Kirby, pricing is still up in the air. Please note that the fee is only for a rental and rates will vary depending on the content. One neat Theater Room feature is some videos can be transferred to a Nintendo DSi for on the go viewing.

image299.png

News Source

What do you think of this?
happy.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
notice how all teh available shit to watch is kiddie cartoons? thats because the only people dumb enough to use this are the soccer moms that dont know about setting up homebrew. most people that would be cruising this site, in the wii hacking section, can figure out how to download a movie and play it with mplayer ce.

plus with the shitty wifi capabilities we have seen with the wii games, i wouldnt try to watch a movie. i cant even stay connected long enough to play 1 hour of marioKart. get ready to watch the beginning of a movie 4 or 5 times before it finally plays the whole thing.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Kirby anime is cool though, although it can get annoying sometimes. I'd watch it
rolleyes.gif

I'm not a fan of the whole "pay for one view" system though. It sounds like that's what this is. If I had to pay, I'd rather pay once to watch as many times as I want, whenever I want; or at least be able to watch it as much as you want within a certain time limit, like a rental. Then again, I'd rather not pay at all
laugh.gif

Good idea though. The Wii needs something like this for its legit users.

VicViper206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
notice how all teh available shit to watch is kiddie cartoons? thats because the only people dumb enough to use this are the soccer moms that dont know about setting up homebrew. most people that would be cruising this site, in the wii hacking section, can figure out how to download a movie and play it with mplayer ce.

plus with the shitty wifi capabilities we have seen with the wii games, i wouldnt try to watch a movie. i cant even stay connected long enough to play 1 hour of marioKart. get ready to watch the beginning of a movie 4 or 5 times before it finally plays the whole thing.

You sound like a very angry person and I hope whatever is going on in your life that you get well soon. Also your ~1 hour max of connectivity sounds like a personal problem.

Anyway I have no opinion either way as it's only in japan and therefore doesn't concern me. However I've already got my own "on demand service" that i'm content with.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:
This would be great if the Wii could support HD

Damn! Not every fraking thing has to be in HD. I bet you were not bitching about HD 5 years ago! SD quality can still look good. I HATE HD snobs! as for this theatre feature, I think its great and cant wait to see it hit the U.S. soon!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edge199715 said:
1. We have to pay for the anime.
2.It's only in Japan.

Unless you actually USE the shop, internet, and weather channels then you can easily change your shop channel to Japanese. Then you can use this wherever you are. In fact.... I'm gonna check this out right now
biggrin.gif

Darn nit... this requires an updated shop channel again. It'll take me a few minnutes with NUS since DoP-IOS doesn't automatically check the servers for the latest versions... does it?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
jazvdb said:
This would be great if the Wii could support HD

Damn! Not every fraking thing has to be in HD. I bet you were not bitching about HD 5 years ago! SD quality can still look good. I HATE HD snobs! as for this theatre feature, I think its great and cant wait to see it hit the U.S. soon!

Seriously, all you HD Snobs are ignorant! I am going to go get some milk strait from a cow, need to go feed my horses so my Horse and buggy setup is good and ready for action. I just hate those car Snobs with their gasoline! What snobs!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1