The Xplorer vs Les Paul

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's for the 360. One is wired and the other is wireless. Some people say that the Xplorer kicks the arse of Les Paul due to it being wired so the input is much better and there's no lag (that's what they say). But is it really better? I'm getting a 360 this Xmas and when I do, I'll sell my Guitar Hero 3 and Aerosmith to a mate so I can buy GH2, only if the Xplorer is better than les Paul.

Also, are there more faults found in the GH2 guitar than the other?

Thanks in advance.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Les paul all the way for me. Can't beat the wireless , there is no input lag on it , it uses the exact same wireless system the controllers do. The only problem it has (and this might be the input lag you've heard of) , is because it has a detachable neck , it can become worn and get a bit of a dodgy connection , so you'll get dropped notes
frown.gif
. Hasn't happened to mine yet and there are various fixes from moving pcb in the neck forward a bit , to hard wiring the connection , but it's still something to keep in mind.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got the xplorer and I love it. Not only do I like the shape (it's a x-plorer replica after all) alot, but the buttons are so much better than on the les paul. Tried out the les paul at gamestop and wasn't happy, while the X-Plorer let's me hit all the notes without problems and I like the buttons.
biggrin.gif

The Cable is pretty long too, so it shouldn't be a problem, atleast not if you play in a normal sized room.
biggrin.gif

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I much prefer the buttons on the explorer.

But, no, there is no input lag or anything on the les paul. the les paul is a great guitar hero guitar, but it's just that I've grown used to the explorer, so I decided to stick with that as much as possible.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Parsaw said:

But, no, there is no input lag or anything on the les paul. the les paul is a great guitar hero guitar, but it's just that I've grown used to the explorer, so I decided to stick with that as much as possible.

Same, I just bought another Xplorer. I suck with the Les Paul for some reason

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
Parsaw said:

Same, I just bought another Xplorer. I suck with the Les Paul for some reason
The things I hate about the Les Paul are the noisy fret buttons and it can get uncomfy when you use it for a long time. Now my questions:

1) When you press the fret buttons, are they noisier than the Les Paul?
2) Is the body thinner than the Les Paul?

If I am given a positive feedback on both, I would definitely buy the Xplorer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn