Gaming The xbox 360, just plain depressing

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To all reading this, let this forum die, don't reply, just let it die and get lost in the archives of GBAtemp.
I apologize if I came out to be something of a troll, it was not my intentions.
So yeah get let this one go away.

I don't know or care about how many Xbox fans on this site, to be honest with everyone, I hate the Xbox, both of them. For just so many reasons.
Really this is more of a story like thing to what happened to my 360, I got one and was so Excited! I was so happy I got all kinds of games like Elder Scrolls, Crack Down, and some others I can't remember. So I hooked that bad boy up and started playing it, it was freaking awesome!
After about a week of owning it, it started acting funny and even making funny sounds and smells. So I sent it out to get repaired, damn thing cost me my arm to fix, but it was fixed! So I started playing it, one week later I turned it on and started playing it, after about an hour into Crack Down it started to smell weird O.O, I was like "Oi!" and took it apart, only to find the power cord seriously melted into the damn thing! So I sent it out again and got an external fan for it. Well it worked for a little longer, about 2 weeks, then it just stopped turning back on. I thought it was strange so I looked into it again, the damn thing literally melted from the inside out! I was pissed! So I kicked across the room and said some bad words at the now dead as horse crap machine.
After a few months I got a Wii, which was fun till Nintendo stopped making good games. So I beat all the games I had for it, then my brother got a PS3 and all was good.
I still have that 360 though, I now use it for a door stopper ^-^
Now the sad thing about this story is, I still have my old as dirt SNES, that SNES has lived through one house fire, 3 moves, glue being poured in the game slot (someone wanted to be a jerk to me), and so much other abuse. And still works! But my 360 couldn't handle one game, so much for newer systems being better.
Now grant you this was like 2 years ago, but from what I know of and everyone know, the 360 still has problems like this, which is amazing to me that after all these years the system still has problems. Now I could be wrong about that, but my best friend did buy a new 360 early this year and it did the same thing as mine, so maybe it's just people who hang out with me. -shrugs- I don't know.
(note this is my story and I am not arguing over it, complain about it somewhere different, like in a pool or something, just not to me)
Quick Edit to clear something up, it didn't turn to liquid, I just can't really think of how to put what happened to the inside of the system.
Yet another quick edit: Excuse my horrible spelling, I suck at it, in fact I fail at it., I know I spelled excited wrong, deal with it, I fixed it.
In fact if I spelled anything wrong or anything like that, do tell me and don't be rude about it either, I know I suck at spelling, don't rub it in my face.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's odd how I never heard of those games you bought for Xbox 360. I think that's why it blew up in your face.
tongue.gif
You need mainstream games m'lord.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1260307626073.jpg

On a serious note, you should have just replaced the 360 in entirety. I've never heard of anything inside/outisde of the 360 melting. Unless you have it in an enclosed area where it doesn't get enough room.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GameSoul said:
It's odd how I never heard of those games you bought for Xbox 360. I think that's why it blew up in your face.
tongue.gif
....you've never heard of Elder Scrolls? I can see Crack Down, but Elder Scrolls is a pretty well known game
And by mainstream you mean Halo, I don't like Halo, I played 1-3 and just couldn't get into them.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Hop2089 @ Dec 8 2009, 06:26 PM) Your 360 is overheating and about to catch fire, exchange for a new one.
I gave up on it. I got a PS3 (well my brother does) and that suits me fine enough.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow I have never heard of them melting form the inside out, I learned something new today. I do have to agree the older non- cd/dvd consoles were so much better, can not comment on any sega(cd or cartridge console), but I to still have a working nes and snes, which still have very enjoyable games. But that was a good story thank you for sharing.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rock Raiyu said:
1260307626073.jpg

On a serious note, you should have just replaced the 360 in entirety. I've never heard of anything inside/outisde of the 360 melting. Unless you have it in an enclosed area where it doesn't get enough room.
Well granted as I said before this was like 2 years ago, quite possibly it was where I put it or something of that effect, and it wasn't truly melted, but I can't quite describe it other than all dead like.

Posts merged

QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Dec 8 2009, 06:31 PM) That story made me think of this.

nes360.jpg

smileipb2.png
Lol, that is the best way to put it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
GameSoul said:
tongue.gif
....you've never heard of Elder Scrolls? I can see Crack Down, but Elder Scrolls is a pretty well known game
And by mainstream you mean Halo, I don't like Halo, I played 1-3 and just couldn't get into them.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Hop2089 @ Dec 8 2009, 06:26 PM) Your 360 is overheating and about to catch fire, exchange for a new one.
I gave up on it. I got a PS3 (well my brother does) and that suits me fine enough.

Well, Crackdown is pretty famous for having the Halo 3 multiplayer beta key in it. It's quite possibly the cheapest marketing idea I've seen in a while. They could've packaged the key with My Little Pony: The Quest of the Rainbow (I made that title up) and it would sell like hotcakes.

Elder Scrolls isn't "mainstream" but it's pretty well known. It's just a rather older series in comparison to things like Left 4 Dead or Gears of War.

Anyway, I think the 360 is a pretty good console. There's a lot of fine games for it and is probably the best multiplayer console this generation. There's Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Halo (which is always insanely popular), etc. Sometimes I regret buying my Wii instead of a 360. Well, yet again, the Wii was a lot cheaper back then and I can pirate all my games easy-squeezy.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
clonesniper666 said:
Wow I have never heard of them melting form the inside out, I learned something new today. I do have to agree the older non- cd/dvd consoles were so much better, can not comment on any sega(cd or cartridge console), but I to still have a working nes and snes, which still have very enjoyable games. But that was a good story thank you for sharing.
Well it didn't melt like turn to liquid, more like, I'm not sure how to describe what it did other than over heat badly, to the point where it did a lot of damage to the system.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, thats when you exchange it for a whole new console, imo 360 tops wii and ps3 in competitive gaming (well technically only ps3 wii isnt even competitive gaming
tongue.gif
) and the 360 has another estimated 3-5 year shelf life. If a console ever starts melting exchange it, thats what the warranty is for... -.-

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Getting a 360 now is still a crap shoot, just not as much of one. They've got a good warranty, which I've personally used twice.
Despite all that, I wouldn't part with mine, and if it blew up and they didn't replace it, I'd buy another.

Great commercial games, good used game market, fun cheapo independent developer games, lot's of retro games, easy to use multiplayer, I love the controller, and it plays netflix instant watch and streams music from my Mac.

I'm not a big Microsoft fan, and honestly, the internals design shoulda incubated for a little longer because it is problem-prone, but even with that, I love the machine.

What they did get right, they got very right.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guild McCommunist said:
GameSoul said:
tongue.gif

Posts merged

Hop2089 said:
Your 360 is overheating and about to catch fire, exchange for a new one.

Well, Crackdown is pretty famous for having the Halo 3 multiplayer beta key in it. It's quite possibly the cheapest marketing idea I've seen in a while. They could've packaged the key with My Little Pony: The Quest of the Rainbow (I made that title up) and it would sell like hotcakes.

Elder Scrolls isn't "mainstream" but it's pretty well known. It's just a rather older series in comparison to things like Left 4 Dead or Gears of War.

Anyway, I think the 360 is a pretty good console. There's a lot of fine games for it and is probably the best multiplayer console this generation. There's Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Halo (which is always insanely popular), etc. Sometimes I regret buying my Wii instead of a 360. Well, yet again, the Wii was a lot cheaper back then and I can pirate all my games easy-squeezy.

Well yeah there is all that. I am not a fan of Multiplayer games myself. Still I know Elder Scrolls isn't what one would call Mainstream like other games, but it's not like it's so unknown that have to go out of your way just to find it.
Also personal note I wish Left4Dead was on the PS3 T-T I got to play it at my friends house and was sad that it was only on the 360.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Translucentbill @ Dec 8 2009, 06:34 PM)
Yep, thats when you exchange it for a whole new console, imo 360 tops wii and ps3 in competitive gaming (well technically only ps3 wii isnt even competitive gaming
tongue.gif
) and the 360 has another estimated 3-5 year shelf life. If a console ever starts melting exchange it, thats what the warranty is for... -.-
As I said before, I gave up on it, I got a PS3 and was happy there.
So far the PS3 hasn't had one problem...well as I know of

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edgedancer said:
p1ngpong said:
That story made me think of this.

nes360.jpg

smileipb2.png
The sad truth is that the first couple of generations of consoles will outlast this one and possibly the next as well.
I have to agree, my SNES has lived through Hell and works better than anything.
They just don't make strong systems anymore.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They sure don't make them like they used to, that's for sure. I still have a working SNES and Sega Genesis. On the other hand both my DS and Wii have failed on me. Thankfully they were repaired for free. Strangely my 360 hasn't failed on me yet. I do agree Microsoft should have designed the cooling better.

After about a week of owning it, it started acting funny and even making funny sounds and smells. So I sent it out to get repaired, damn thing cost me my arm to fix, but it was fixed!

Err.. wouldn't it have been still under warranty and have been free to get fixed/replaced? If a system I bought broke down just after one week of purchase, it'd be going back to the store to be replaced or refunded.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edhel said:
They sure don't make them like they used to, that's for sure. I still have a working SNES and Sega Genesis. On the other hand both my DS and Wii have failed on me. Thankfully they were repaired for free. Strangely my 360 hasn't failed on me yet. I do agree Microsoft should have designed the cooling better.

After about a week of owning it, it started acting funny and even making funny sounds and smells. So I sent it out to get repaired, damn thing cost me my arm to fix, but it was fixed!

Err.. wouldn't it have been still under warranty and have been free to get fixed/replaced? If a system I bought broke down just after one week of purchase, it'd be going back to the store to be replaced or refunded.
I didn't send it to Microsoft, I sent it out to my cousin who works on things like this and he bought the replacement parts for it and repaired it from there, don't ask my logic because I am most likely insane
hate2.gif
No really I sent it to him because he is part of the Geek Squad in my area and for some strange reason back then I thought it was a better idea...yeah you may complain about that

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really this is more of a story like thing to what happened to my 360, I got one and was so existed!

This is when i stopped reading

I really don't see what your bitching about to be honest

I own 2 360's. One has been with me for 2 years, no problems with it whatsoever, i have to admit that i had it repaired once (lightning, electricity, boom), but that was something i couldn't prevent. Other than that it runs great.

Don't get me wrong i aslo have a Pee S 3, but meh, it doesn't match up to the 360, no fanboyism intended, but other than Uncharted and LBP, i really don't see what else it has.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maz7006 said:
Really this is more of a story like thing to what happened to my 360, I got one and was so existed!

This is when i stopped reading

I really don't see what your bitching about to be honest

I own 2 360's. One has been with me for 2 years, no problems with it whatsoever, i have to admit that i had it repaired once (lightning, electricity, boom), but that was something i couldn't prevent. Other than that it runs great.

Don't get me wrong i aslo have a Pee S 3, but meh, it doesn't match up to the 360, no fanboyism intended, but other than Uncharted and LBP, i really don't see what else it has.
It's my story, I start it as I please and I am merely just stating that I was happy to get a 360, then angry it died so quickly.
Plus I was never much of a fan of the first xbox, so I was existed more that maybe this one would redeem itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: