GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jalaneme said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I don't know or care about how many Xbox fans on this site, to be honest with everyone, I hate the Xbox, both of them. For just so many reasons.
Really this is more of a story like thing to what happened to my 360, I got one and was so Excited! I was so happy I got all kinds of games like Elder Scrolls, Crack Down, and some others I can't remember. So I hooked that bad boy up and started playing it, it was freaking awesome!
After about a week of owning it, it started acting funny and even making funny sounds and smells. So I sent it out to get repaired, damn thing cost me my arm to fix, but it was fixed! So I started playing it, one week later I turned it on and started playing it, after about an hour into Crack Down it started to smell weird O.O, I was like "Oi!" and took it apart, only to find the power cord seriously melted into the damn thing! So I sent it out again and got an external fan for it. Well it worked for a little longer, about 2 weeks, then it just stopped turning back on. I thought it was strange so I looked into it again, the damn thing literally melted from the inside out! I was pissed! So I kicked across the room and said some bad words at the now dead as horse crap machine.
After a few months I got a Wii, which was fun till Nintendo stopped making good games. So I beat all the games I had for it, then my brother got a PS3 and all was good.
I still have that 360 though, I now use it for a door stopper ^-^
Now the sad thing about this story is, I still have my old as dirt SNES, that SNES has lived through one house fire, 3 moves, glue being poured in the game slot (someone wanted to be a jerk to me), and so much other abuse. And still works! But my 360 couldn't handle one game, so much for newer systems being better.
Now grant you this was like 2 years ago, but from what I know of and everyone know, the 360 still has problems like this, which is amazing to me that after all these years the system still has problems. Now I could be wrong about that, but my best friend did buy a new 360 early this year and it did the same thing as mine, so maybe it's just people who hang out with me. -shrugs- I don't know.
(note this is my story and I am not arguing over it, complain about it somewhere different, like in a pool or something, just not to me)
Quick Edit to clear something up, it didn't turn to liquid, I just can't really think of how to put what happened to the inside of the system.
Yet another quick edit: Excuse my horrible spelling, I suck at it, in fact I fail at it., I know I spelled excited wrong, deal with it, I fixed it.
In fact if I spelled anything wrong or anything like that, do tell me and don't be rude about it either, I know I suck at spelling, don't rub it in my face.

well said man, that is what is stopping me buying a xbox 360! the RROD and the overall quality of the machine, it's horrible! i don't want to spend £250+ on a modded machine that will break in 1 week and will cost a arm and a leg to repair again, it's not worth the investment.
Yeah, plus most of the games on it are also on the PC and PS3, so sure it has online play and fast load times, but still like Vista, it's a shinny piece of poo

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
i went through a xbox hate filled week a fortnight ago when my 360 decided to die on me (out of warranty due to modded drive - damn karma)

but i've kinda gotten over it since - the 360 is still a better value option compared to the PS3 (unless you really want a BluRay player - but i personally just stream everything these days to my telly with an old laptop running xbmc). My gripes with the 360 is the fact it's loud as hell and of course the RROD/QC issues (although hopefully the jasper replacement i'm getting might be better).

also i'll say the xbox1 is awesome - i was using mine with XBMC for streaming until i decided to get HD films, it's also got the best arcade emulators outside of PCs

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
godsakes said:
i went through a xbox hate filled week a fortnight ago when my 360 decided to die on me (out of warranty due to modded drive - damn karma)

but i've kinda gotten over it since - the 360 is still a better value option compared to the PS3 (unless you really want a BluRay player - but i personally just stream everything these days to my telly with an old laptop running xbmc). My gripes with the 360 is the fact it's loud as hell and of course the RROD/QC issues (although hopefully the jasper replacement i'm getting might be better).

also i'll say the xbox1 is awesome - i was using mine with XBMC for streaming until i decided to get HD films, it's also got the best arcade emulators outside of PCs
Hmm, I still like the Ps3, I can use my computer to stream videos directly to it.
And I had a modded Xbox one once, I could play just about everything on it, then it stopped working one day >.< not sure why, I still have it, I might take a look at it again and see if I can repair it.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
godsakes said:

oh man !!!! theses RRoDs are way too frequent! keep hearing people with those issues!!! even if have to admit that with 360 you have an hd console with all you need plus you can hack it and do all sorts of stuff.... but i wouldn't risk it anyway...... uhfff!!!! if only the ps3 was hackable or the games were cheaper
frown.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
godsakes said:

oh man !!!! theses RRoDs are way too frequent! keep hearing people with those issues!!! even if have to admit that with 360 you have an hd console with all you need plus you can hack it and do all sorts of stuff.... but i wouldn't risk it anyway...... uhfff!!!! if only the ps3 was hackable or the games were cheaper
frown.gif
I wish I could hack my PS3, all that power and nothing to do with it >.< And yeah the list of problems can go on with the 360, I can only find a few problems with the PS3 and less with the Wii. Well with the Wii you have to deal with Nintendo's horrible updates either killing your system or taking the mods, or both

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
first wiis shipped had a few problems but it is an old story (drive making really loud noises or just going insane spitting out discs only by half and stuff like that)...
yes some times nintendo software is crap but gbatemp is here for this too (i am at 4.2 using safe frimware updater everything from usb loading ,isc loading,vc wiiware from sd ,shop channel is working flawlesly)

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
first wiis shipped had a few problems but it is an old story (drive making really loud noises or just going insane spitting out discs only by half and stuff like that)...
yes some times nintendo software is crap but gbatemp is here for this too (i am at 4.2 using safe frimware updater everything from usb loading ,isc loading,vc wiiware from sd ,shop channel is working flawlesly)
Well that was first shipment, unlike Microsoft, Nintendo fixed their problems with the next shipment
And I use the same thing as well, though I think I am still at 4.0 to be safe.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Ame16787 said:
frown.gif

i've been able to source a cheap replacement for £60 (a banned jasper), if i'm lucky i might get £30 odd for my old console for spare parts - as with everything you make your bets and take your chances

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
godsakes said:
Ame16787 said:
frown.gif

i've been able to source a cheap replacement for £60 (a banned jasper), if i'm lucky i might get £30 odd for my old console for spare parts - as with everything you make your bets and take your chances
True, but with the 360 from what I can tell there is still to this day a high chance of over heating, red ring, or getting banned randomly for no reason what so ever.
Which means there is more risks with the 360 than with any system out on the market. Which is sad since it's been over 4 years out now and still has the same problems.
Unless you cough up the money to the Elite, when all you have to worry about is randomly getting banned

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
godsakes said:
Ame16787 said:
frown.gif

stopped taking chances when i bought a wii ( apart from hacking but i've been very diligent and also that went super smooth) let's face only downside of wii is weak hardware on the graphical side!!!!

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
godsakes said:
Ame16787 said:
frown.gif

stopped taking chances when i bought a wii ( apart from hacking but i've been very diligent and also that went super smooth) let's face only downside of wii is weak hardware on the graphical side!!!!
And Nintendo's crappy updates as well as a small market of Hardcore games.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
True, but with the 360 from what I can tell there is still to this day a high chance of over heating, red ring, or getting banned randomly for no reason what so ever.
Which means there is more risks with the 360 than with any system out on the market. Which is sad since it's been over 4 years out now and still has the same problems.

The newer models of the xbox have chipsets in them that produce less heat, so the chances of a RROD has been reduced. It still doesn't forgive the fact of the failures of the earlier xboxes.
From what I heard the banning isn't exactly random. If you have modded your system in anyway, it could be banned. (I don't agree with what Microsoft are doing by the way.)

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edhel said:

The newer models of the xbox have chipsets in them that produce less heat, so the chances of a RROD has been reduced. It still doesn't forgive the fact of the failures of the earlier xboxes.
From what I heard the banning isn't exactly random. If you have modded your system in anyway, it could be banned. (I don't agree with what Microsoft are doing by the way.)
They "improved" the chipsets, yes, but they still haven't improved the fans and still haven't worked out the major red ring issue.
As for the banning, yeah they mostly ban modded 360's, but they also ban 360 suspected of being modded, so it's a which hunt sometimes.
Now I am sure someone could argue with that and I might be wrong, I only found a few bits of evidence to prove that, nothing enough to conform anything like that. And most of those were only from talking with people in my school.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ame16787 said:
godsakes said:
Ame16787 said:
frown.gif

hardcore games would've been a consequence!!!!! third parties don't make the cool games on wii because it just can't handle them...
software-side i have no comment
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have heard of people getting banned for not having a 'proper' official Microsoft hard drive connected to their system, or just having some fan mod installed. Microsoft are just being anal and deem it as modified, thus breaking their TOS.
frown.gif

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you cough up the money to the Elite, when all you have to worry about is randomly getting banned
since i never play online (i wouldn't cough up for the gold account - one real nice thing about sony is their online system is free) and the replacement is already banned - the whole banning thing is not big issue. I'd be more worried about nintendo releasing buggy firmware which ruins regular and modded consoles than MS banning legit consoles.

i can't be certain the jasper will last forever but there's little sense in worrying about it the choice is £60 (banned) replacement vs £200 odd for a PS3 (add games also) - so valuewise it's a no brainer IMHO

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
Ame16787 said:
godsakes said:
Ame16787 said:
frown.gif

hardcore games would've been a consequence!!!!! third parties don't make the cool games on wii because it just can't handle them...
software-side i have no comment
smile.gif
I call BS on! The Wii has proven to be able to handle more than the junk they put on it! Games such as No More Heroes, Resident Evil (any of them), and even Super Mario Galaxy has proven that the Wii can be a system for hardcore gamers, these third party companies are just lazy and making that claim so they don't have to put any effort into their games.
Don't make excuses for them.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edhel said:
I have heard of people getting banned for not having a 'proper' official Microsoft hard drive connected to their system, or just having some fan mod installed. Microsoft are just being anal and deem it as modified, thus breaking their TOS.
frown.gif
And when you get banned from the 360, GAME OVER MAN! Done for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1