Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Edgedancer said:
Uh, he more talking about how cannot seem to spell excited. You say existed which is the wrong word by far.
Yeah, but "I stopped reading because you misspelled 'excited'" is kind of, I dunno, anal retentive? Obsessive compulsive?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw sending it back to the shop you bought it at. Contact MS directly and tell them that the system you got is a fire hazard and that they should send you a brand new Elite!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edgedancer said:
Uh, he more talking about how cannot seem to spell excited. You say existed which is the wrong word by far.
Sorry
wacko.gif
I suck at spelling, not kidding there

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cracker said:
Screw sending it back to the shop you bought it at. Contact MS directly and tell them that the system you got is a fire hazard and that they should send you a brand new Elite!

That's when you start a court case and sue them for thousands.
tongue.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cracker said:
Nah, I'm loving the PS3 right now and really see no point in getting a 360 again.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I've said this in a thread before...

I respect your opinion and the decision to not get a 360. I've tried the PS3 myself at a friend's house and I actually prefer the 360. Not only is it cheaper (friends kinda hated me for "betraying" them and getting the 360...the Slim wasn't around that time BTW), it's also got great online functions and its simplicity. What turned me off greatly about the PS3 is the sluggish saving. I'm not sure about other games but in games that I mostly play (Guitar Hero and Rock Band), when you compare the loading times between the two, 360 is much better. Also, finding people online is scarce in those games, unlike in the 360 where I just get 2-3 players in less than a minute. I don't intend to sound like a fanboy, but it's the truth. I actually considered the PS3 rather than the 360 initially but the best offer I found (£200 at that time) always runs out of stock...

Enter_Shikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you know, my friend's elite got the RROD, he sent it back to microsoft once and it works till this day, he prevented overheating by stripped the metal shell, i mean it looks sexy but its like an oven for the xbox360. and the fan? its only like 3 inches across. i can see why your angry, but its still a great console.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
R2DJ said:
I've said this in a thread before...

I respect your opinion and the decision to not get a 360. I've tried the PS3 myself at a friend's house and I actually prefer the 360. Not only is it cheaper (friends kinda hated me for "betraying" them and getting the 360...the Slim wasn't around that time BTW), it's also got great online functions and its simplicity. What turned me off greatly about the PS3 is the sluggish saving. I'm not sure about other games but in games that I mostly play (Guitar Hero and Rock Band), when you compare the loading times between the two, 360 is much better. Also, finding people online is scarce in those games, unlike in the 360 where I just get 2-3 players in less than a minute. I don't intend to sound like a fanboy, but it's the truth. I actually considered the PS3 rather than the 360 initially but the best offer I found (£200 at that time) always runs out of stock...
Yeah, I admit the 360 is better online and load time, I mean I wait forever for GTA4 to load, but 2 factors come into play with me.
1. I could careless about online play, I hate playing games online, just never could get into them. So online isn't enough for me to enjoy the 360
2. Yes indeed the load times take forever, but those load times give me time to get up make some popcorn, make three phone calls and take a shower before the game begins.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
couple of my friends have 360s and they all have some sort of trouble, RRoD s , melted power chargers, randomly working dvd drives......
another friend of mine bought one of the first ps3 out (60 g and memory card reader) which worked for less than a year then died of all the sudden (damaged fan) so he bought a 40g version (no mem card reader) which has been working fine till now, recently i went to his house to find out that it keeps crashing (it waits a while then reboots by itself making a strange sound) during online sessions....

now apart form the "bad luck" theory, seems like not much effort was put in production quality for these consoles, (honestly only consoles that gave me troubles were the GC when it stopped reading discs and the psp when the lcd died).

Currently i have a wii which is a good compromise since it's cheap, 100% hackable, there are some good games for it (expecially for hardcore nintendo fans like me) and as far hardware failures stands tall over the rest.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Enter_Shikari said:
you know, my friend's elite got the RROD, he sent it back to microsoft once and it works till this day, he prevented overheating by stripped the metal shell, i mean it looks sexy but its like an oven for the xbox360. and the fan? its only like 3 inches across. i can see why your angry, but its still a great console.
Not saying it's a crappy system, just lost my interested after most 360 game already being on the PS3 and the overheating thing.
Plus most games for it are only good online and I am not a fan of online.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
couple of my friends have 360s and they all have some sort of trouble, RRoD s , melted power chargers, randomly working dvd drives......
another friend of mine bought one of the first ps3 out (60 g and memory card reader) which worked for less than a year then died of all the sudden (damaged fan) so he bought a 40g version (no mem card reader) which has been working fine till now, recently i went to his house to find out that it keeps crashing (it waits a while then reboots by itself making a strange sound) during online sessions....

now apart form the "bad luck" theory, seems like not much effort was put in production quality for these consoles, (honestly only consoles that gave me troubles were the GC when it stopped reading discs and the psp when the lcd died).

Currently i have a wii which is a good compromise since it's cheap, 100% hackable, there are some good games for it (expecially for hardcore nintendo fans like me) and as far hardware failures stands tall over the rest.
I hope my PS3 doesn't have any of those problems any time soon >.>
My friend's GC is doing that as well, mine on the other hand has been working fine since I got it.
And yeah I do enjoy my Wii, mines is modded which is fun ^-^
Although I find I enjoy my DS more nowadays

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if the xbox 360 was built better I wouldn't hate it so much ¬¬ however I wouldn't by a PS3 (I just don't like them) and I would return to 360 but its just one of those things.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DarkWay said:
if the xbox 360 was built better I wouldn't hate it so much ¬¬ however I wouldn't by a PS3 (I just don't like them) and I would return to 360 but its just one of those things.
I wouldn't buy a PS3 myself, but my brother bought it. So no complaining there.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Ame16787 said:

My friend's GC is doing that as well, mine on the other hand has been working fine since I got it.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
Ame16787 said:

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ame16787 said:
Ame16787 said:

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ame16787 said:
Ame16787 said:
Ame16787 said:

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't know or care about how many Xbox fans on this site, to be honest with everyone, I hate the Xbox, both of them. For just so many reasons.
Really this is more of a story like thing to what happened to my 360, I got one and was so Excited! I was so happy I got all kinds of games like Elder Scrolls, Crack Down, and some others I can't remember. So I hooked that bad boy up and started playing it, it was freaking awesome!
After about a week of owning it, it started acting funny and even making funny sounds and smells. So I sent it out to get repaired, damn thing cost me my arm to fix, but it was fixed! So I started playing it, one week later I turned it on and started playing it, after about an hour into Crack Down it started to smell weird O.O, I was like "Oi!" and took it apart, only to find the power cord seriously melted into the damn thing! So I sent it out again and got an external fan for it. Well it worked for a little longer, about 2 weeks, then it just stopped turning back on. I thought it was strange so I looked into it again, the damn thing literally melted from the inside out! I was pissed! So I kicked across the room and said some bad words at the now dead as horse crap machine.
After a few months I got a Wii, which was fun till Nintendo stopped making good games. So I beat all the games I had for it, then my brother got a PS3 and all was good.
I still have that 360 though, I now use it for a door stopper ^-^
Now the sad thing about this story is, I still have my old as dirt SNES, that SNES has lived through one house fire, 3 moves, glue being poured in the game slot (someone wanted to be a jerk to me), and so much other abuse. And still works! But my 360 couldn't handle one game, so much for newer systems being better.
Now grant you this was like 2 years ago, but from what I know of and everyone know, the 360 still has problems like this, which is amazing to me that after all these years the system still has problems. Now I could be wrong about that, but my best friend did buy a new 360 early this year and it did the same thing as mine, so maybe it's just people who hang out with me. -shrugs- I don't know.
(note this is my story and I am not arguing over it, complain about it somewhere different, like in a pool or something, just not to me)
Quick Edit to clear something up, it didn't turn to liquid, I just can't really think of how to put what happened to the inside of the system.
Yet another quick edit: Excuse my horrible spelling, I suck at it, in fact I fail at it., I know I spelled excited wrong, deal with it, I fixed it.
In fact if I spelled anything wrong or anything like that, do tell me and don't be rude about it either, I know I suck at spelling, don't rub it in my face.

well said man, that is what is stopping me buying a xbox 360! the RROD and the overall quality of the machine, it's horrible! i don't want to spend £250+ on a modded machine that will break in 1 week and will cost a arm and a leg to repair again, it's not worth the investment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi