NULL

The Worst DS Titles of Febuary 2008

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Tenshigure

Tenshigure Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    You don't have to be that way? Sounds like you're giving in too easily, and that's sadder than someone claiming to be a genius. Sounds like I wouldn't need to try harder, you seem to do a good enough job insulting yourself.

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I appreciate a little effort, that's all

sorry for hijacking this thread for my own indulgence, I realize it's pathetic

3. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    Is it just my point of seeing or this topic is evolving into flamewar [​IMG]

4. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    Wow yuyuyup... I don't even know how to answer that lol... no wonder you liked Foster's.

5. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Meh...I wasn't bowled over by Layton the way most other folks seemed to have been. Yeah, its presentation is gorgeous, but when you get right down to it, it's basically just one of those puzzle mags we used to bring with us on a roadtrip when I was a kid. As for the pig game, well...it sucks. I guess if you like Ghosts & Goblins -- which I don't -- the game could be appealing.

Anyway, I'm inclinded to agree with azotyp, as far as Altair's Chronicles goes, though that's certainly not saying much. But there are quite a handful of good games on your list. Not necessarily games that are my taste, but games I tried and could appreciate. Miami Nights is definitely serviceable, if you're into that whole sims thing. And the Hot Wheels game, too, was one of the better racers I've played on the DS; the car handling is really good, even if the tracks are rather mediocre.

6. NonStopInTheMix

NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    i agree with irpacynot... though i guess i prefer mario kart and other racer games better... Hot Wheels was at least decent! =P

...i didnt think Assassin's Creed was THAT bad.. though i was kinda expecting more from it.

7. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    Well the list is just suggestions of what I didn't like, just 'cos I didn't like it doesn't mean its a bad game, which is why its up to voters and not me.

8. Tenshigure

Tenshigure Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Could've at least left my on-topic responses. [​IMG]()

To rehash real quick, I basically agree with the list above except for the Assassin's Creed mention. I actually enjoyed learning more of the story. All of the "****z" games are worthless compared to, say, Nintendogs.

9. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    [​IMG]

Yeah, the sad part, though, is you'll probably have no problem doing one of these lists each month.

10. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    Well lets see if anyone takes part in it (so far no one has, so the segment will be pretty barren) and if I do one for March I'll just list all the March dumps.

This will be a very fair Top 5, even if a game I love is voted a lot. I'm not gonna cheat you people.

11. RAneo

RAneo GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2004
    Spain
    it would be nicer to do a "GAMES TO PLAY" list than a "WORST TITLES OF THE MONTH" [​IMG]

i would thank you [​IMG]

12. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    If everyone else is thinking what I'm thinking then they're only voting if they've tried the games, but what's the point in spending an hour or two trying them when I know they're all crap? [​IMG]

13. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    Maybe but then it was SpikeyNDS or Dices idea, I only wanted to originally review a shit game for "comedy" purposes.

14. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    I couldn't play Puppy Palace for more than 3 minutes...

15. Popin

Popin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2007
    Canada
    It was an okay game, my biggest problem was that I beat it in a few hours. I expected more gameplay time.

16. VmprHntrD

VmprHntrD GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    ^Well I don't always expect a long gameplay time, but perhaps it's because I grew in an era where you'd get a $40 game that lasted like 45min to a couple hours to finish on the NES or $50 in the SNES days. It's quality that matters to me, not so much the quantity and the game does take a good 5+ hours to do so that's not bad.

17. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    I try to give about half an hour for most, and even then its too painful. Most are screw by terrible designed choices. As for AC, I finished it just to see how anyone can enjoy it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you like these games than good for you. I wish I could. I don't see the point in name calling or flaming people just because they enjoy something you don't, what difference does it make?

18. Death50

Death50 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2008
    United States
    Can't you just tell that the game is a waste of money just by the title and whether or not it's base on a tv show/movie??? I don't think there's really that many good games from a movie or tv show.

19. nds_gamerz

nds_gamerz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    haven't played it but i can tell that people are judging it by the graphics. i guess gameplay isn't in there rating. i have to go find my card reader somewhere.

20. philthy

philthy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2005
    United States
    California
    DS #1995: My Horse and Me (USA)