Gaming The world ends with you!

Topfragger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded and tried this game, oh geez....

It's not even a game it's just boring cinematic after cinematic and loads of meaningless flashy BS in the intro, theres hardly any gameplay besides pressing the next button to hear a novel of badly scripted character text dialogue, SERIOUSLY ITS BAD I HATE CHARACTERS IN ANIME ALLWAYS BEING DISGUSTINGLY NONCHALANT EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT OR WHEN A CITY IS BEING DESTROYED BY EVIL SPECTER SPIRITS

The combat is lame and unintuitive and theres seems to be no way between controlling using a pin against the enemy or moving around the screen.
How can this game be good when it rapes the basic fundamentals to making a game good?

rather then continue ranting watch this video review it explains pretty much the same reason why i hate it.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...d-Ends-With-You

Honestly i hate the game you have no significant influence over the game and it's plot which makes it a bad graphic novel for DS.

DO NOT tell me that "well ben yahtzee is just doing this for humor"

because thats a yes and no, yes he is a comedian but in his reviews he bases them on actual flaws in the game, he is a critic with a sense of showmanship.

feel free to explain the game to me and try to change my mind but don't hope for much.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You hate anime so I assume you also hate JRPGs, what the hell were you expecting?
And you downloaded the game... what, do you want your megabytes back or something?

Surprise surprise, people have different tastes.
I for example; found this topic void of worth.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

People have different tastes period.

Topfragger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really all gamers have a general taste,

and that is that games are Interactive and have gameplay where your influencing the game.

The world ends with you could just have easily run on autopilot with a few scripting modifications,
remove the crappy pointless combat and then you have yourself basically a CGI novel of boringness.

once again watch that review it has everything explained, and working out a puzzle in a RPG or adventure game only to have some smarmy cunt blow it out in front of your face before you actually get to put your theory on solving the puzzle into action (like 104 being that store you have to goto but your prevented from going there till a character tells you on screen)

is sheer bullshit and voids a games right to be put under adventure, and RPG isn't correct either.
it's not a game.

PW1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is a RPG(Role Playing Game), an Action RPG to be most specific, you play the role of Neku. There is some customization(not actually make a difference on the way the character looks, only stats, etc) which is basic on almost any RPG out now.. The fact that you don't like the game, doesn't make any difference to anybody, some people like a game, some people don't. I played the game, 1st day gamewise and didn't really like it, but after playing more, I actually thought it was pretty good. I stopped at the second week gamewise, but only because I needed a break from the repetitive gameplay, which all RPGs have, but it is a good game, and it's not a novel either.

QUOTE said:
and working out a puzzle in a RPG or adventure game only to have some smarmy cunt blow it out in front of your face before you actually get to put your theory on solving the puzzle into action (like 104 being that store you have to goto but your prevented from going there till a character tells you on screen)

It wasn't a puzzle, this isn't that kind of game, it was a mission, and most RPGs require you to talk to other people to be able to go on.

Topfragger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw bad voice diction is rampant in RPG's and anime

except when it has the actual voice actors there slightly better but not by much.

but if someone wants me to say it then okay. Anime does suck it has the elements of bad taste in so many ways, but some are actually works of art.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By the way, Yahtzee reviews games that he enjoyed. He wouldn't waste time (and it takes a lot of time to finish, write, rehearse and perform these reviews) on a game that he didn't enjoy. His review of this game was praising (in his standards) and it is a very good game, in my opinion. It doesn't have random battles/turn-based battles, but it has every other deep little bit of micromanagement as other RPG's. That's why it's my favourite DS game, and in my top 5 games of all time.

But thats just me...

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Batman55 said:
By the way, Yahtzee reviews games that he enjoyed. He wouldn't waste time (and it takes a lot of time to finish, write, rehearse and perform these reviews) on a game that he didn't enjoy. His review of this game was praising (in his standards) and it is a very good game, in my opinion. It doesn't have random battles/turn-based battles, but it has every other deep little bit of micromanagement as other RPG's. That's why it's my favourite DS game, and in my top 5 games of all time.

But thats just me...
he reviewed SSBB and he didn't like it. He reviewed Mass Effect and he didn't like it. He review the witcher and he didn't like it. He reviewed Halo 3 and he didn't like it.

See a pattern?

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ferrariman said:
Batman55 said:

But thats just me...
he reviewed SSBB and he didn't like it. He reviewed Mass Effect and he didn't like it. He review the witcher and he didn't like it. He reviewed Halo 3 and he didn't like it.

See a pattern?

Other reviewers review many, many more games. He just does a few, do you honestly believe he would spend the time reviewing a game that he didn't like? I would understand if he did a review of most big releases, but the fact is that he reviews a small number of games. His reviews are meant to be pure humour...

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Insulting one of the most popular DS games on here is obviously a troll, especially if you've been lurking. I'm not here to debate the merits and failures of TWEWY, as that has been done over and OVER again, with much more insight and intelligence. Thank-you, and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Get over it.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
And people care you hated the game because..??? More people like this game than hate it, fact. Alot of those people consider this one of the top DS games, fact, end of story. A couple of people hating a game doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE