ROM Hack The World Ends With You (U) Crash in beginning cutscene

seasaw776

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i've tried the opening it up and closing it during the cutscene but that did nothing, Can someone please post a save file or a fix right after that cutscene for me? Also. I think i placed this in the wrong forum area.. T.T I was just confused on which one to place it in and this one fit the best.
Thanks!~

noname9889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The open shut thing does work, you just need to do it very very quickly, as in soon as you open it, close it, and keep going. And just in case that doesnt work, ill try to put a save file onto megaupload soon, ill pm you with the link as i never read the rules about putting up megaupload, rapidshare, etc.

noname9889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Post this topic in the forum corresponding to whichever flash cart you're using: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=40
A save file won't do you any good because it will just freeze again later on. You got to fix this permanently with a cheat or patch.
And it wont freeze later, it only does at that specific scene for whichever reason and as far as i know, there is no actual fix. And ive spent a lot of time searching for one

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, that is weird, theres no actually AP fix on this game, cause all flashcart can actually play this game without problems, unless:

> you're flashcart is in bad condition
> corrupted ROM (yep sometimes)
> fragmented memory card
> bad contact on your SLOT 1.
> youre memory card is so slow and cant take the load on the game.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You could call this a type of AP in that it spams teh fuck out of the b8 command which on most flashcarts is used to stop SD traffic to save battery life (which if spammed too much causes the sd to lockup until powered off).

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, by the sounds of things Nintendo almost knows what they're doing. Also, I must be blind, I can't find what cart he is using anywhere!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
noname9889 said:
dnniwa485 said:
i have class 4 though and working fine. Kingston Class4 32gb
Its mostly because of your flashcard. The scene always crashed on my r4 but i just tested it with my new acekard 2i and it works like a charm
What? When I had this game on my SD card, it NEVER crashed on my original R4 with Firmware 1.18, even with my Micro SD card being a 2gb Japanese one.. Are you CRAZY?!

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inunah said:
noname9889 said:
dnniwa485 said:
i have class 4 though and working fine. Kingston Class4 32gb
Its mostly because of your flashcard. The scene always crashed on my r4 but i just tested it with my new acekard 2i and it works like a charm
What? When I had this game on my SD card, it NEVER crashed on my original R4 with Firmware 1.18, even with my Micro SD card being a 2gb Japanese one.. Are you CRAZY?!
He probably is... I never had any problems with R4 and TWEWY either.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lots of people say that upgrading to a higher SDHC solved the problem, but there are some who say that even when they used the same flashcart and SDHC's brand+class speed as others, it still didn't work, so maybe some people just have problems with their SDHC for some reason.

Anyway, M3i0 is said not to go together well with 8GB A-Data, Class 6, and some games including this one freeze on it, but it's fine with M3DS Real - which btw, supposedly needs a higher class flashcart, or a lower capacity one, I think it has to be a Kingston or Sandisk (not sure whether 1 or 2 GB, but search the button will know it.
biggrin.gif
). Acekard supposedly works well with any brand/class speed and doesn't crash in TWEWY or other problematic games. So yeah, either he's got one of those flashcarts which need higher class SDHC or lower capacity+special brand, or there's something up with his flashcart.
biggrin.gif
I got myself a 8GB class 6 A-Data just in case, so that no games would crash on me.
biggrin.gif

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine did that too

(acekard user)

what I did was use the open/close trick AND used the official loaders

akaio seems to freeze while running it
frown.gif

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me that it's either a fragmentation issue or a cluster size issue, either way the fix is the same, backup SD card to PC, format (make sure cluster size is 32kb), restore files to SD card. I just had a similar issue with Lego Indiana Jones.

masterage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was a known issue that was iffy... the permanent solution was to re-get the ROM, see if that worked, and if not, get a new SD card (I've got a 4gb I can easily reproduce the bug on... it's got horrid read times).

Opening and shutting it every five or so seconds can force it through, though (you'll do it again postgame).

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its not flash cart its the SD card. My flashcard is Cyclods and i have the same problem. The opening and closing thing does work.
I'm just sayinig b/c i beat the game already.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Synt4x3rror said:
Mine did that too

(acekard user)

what I did was use the open/close trick AND used the official loaders

akaio seems to freeze while running it
frown.gif

Really? Hmm, the official firmware made it always freeze on me, 100%.
The open and close trick helped me get past part of the beginning but froze right when you find Shiki or whatever her name is.

AKAIO actually fixed the issue for me.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When the game came out it ran properly on my old R4 but the other day I felt like playing the game but it didn't work in my M3 Real with an 8gb card, I tried using a 4gb and didn't work aswell but when I tried it with my old 2gb card it worked ok... -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night