The World Ends With You: Final Remix western launch date revealed

Dtjjmyp.png

Fans of the Nintendo DS classic The World Ends With You will be excited to know that the wait for the updated Nintendo Switch version of the title isn't too far away. The World Ends With You -Final Remix- will be hitting Switch consoles in North America and Europe on October 12, 2018, less than a month after the scheduled Japanese release date. This version of the game will cost full retail price, and will be available both physically and digitally. Final Remix will offer HD graphics, an arranged soundtrack, and will offer both touch screen and Joy-Con control schemes.

One of the most acclaimed portable games of the last 10 years is making its way to the Nintendo Switch system with HD visuals, enhanced gameplay and exclusive new content. The World Ends with You: Final Remix launches for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 12. Nintendo has released a new trailer for the game.

Complete the mission…or face erasure. That’s all Neku knows after regaining consciousness in the middle of a busy intersection without his memories. Now he and his partner must fight to survive a life-or-death game in this twisted tale with more turns than the urban labyrinth of Tokyo they’re trapped in. This definitive version of SQUARE ENIX’s RPG classic brings the dark story to life on the Nintendo Switch system along with a new scenario and some new remixed music.

Vibrant themes of Japanese youth culture, food and fashion are seamlessly integrated into the gameplay and storyline. Players can join rhythmic battles using either Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch touch screen. In two-player co-op mode, players can battle Noise and challenge the Reapers’ Game together.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's up on Amazon, yeah. $60, $48 with Prime as all new games have been this year. If I'm understanding correctly, this is for a portable-only game. Definitely overpriced in that case.
considering there are some physical switch games that have been below 60, ya, there is no excuse....also, it is possible to play on the tv
also, if you consider a game lesser just cause its portable only then ya might wana rethink what games you even look at if this came to mind while you thought it was handheld only

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, but no thanks. If you don't plan on releasing a sequel, stop teasing me with yet another re-release that probably won't work well anyways due to how unique and hardware-dependent the original was.
there adding a new chapter onto a story that was pretty much not necessitating a sequel in the first place, chill

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

have the game for DS but I didn't get very far because it's not left-hander friendly, very excited about it coming out for the switch
iirc, couldn't you use abxy like the dpad?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
considering there are some physical switch games that have been below 60, ya, there is no excuse....also, it is possible to play on the tv
also, if you consider a game lesser just cause its portable only then ya might wana rethink what games you even look at if this came to mind while you thought it was handheld only
Don't get me wrong, I'd want a game to be cheaper if it was docked-only as well. Switch's biggest draw is having both modes available for all its games.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, I'd want a game to be cheaper if it was docked-only as well. Switch's biggest draw is having both modes available for all its games.
fortunately docked mode only will never be an actual thing unless it's arbitrarily done by the dev for ho reason. I don't mind my simpler touch games being portable only as it's still portable and not a very cinematic experience of a game anyway. but for the big story games or simply beautiful looking games ai would really hate the game being handheld only then but meh...at least it's bot as much of a downplay on the experience as the 3ds is. I have legitimately forgoten that I'm actually simply playing a hanfheld at times with the switch, it's amazing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1