The World Ends With You ... Completed

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by tajio, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008
  1. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So yeah i finished playing TWEWY and i loved it the best game i played on the NDS [​IMG] but i was so sad that i was gonna cry *but i didn't* and was hoping if anyone knew about sequel or think that theres gonna be a sequel.

I for one think there is gonna be a sequel because of the popularity. [​IMG]

2. maz-

Newcomer maz- Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    As far as I know, no sequel has been announced yet..but yeah, due to the game's popularity, a sequel is likely.

3. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    yeah i think so too Square Enix has to make a sequel

4. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Actually, the Developer company Mentioned in a interview they wish to make a sequel, and the history actually mention a possibility of a sequel (the composer mentions the 'thing' happening to Shibuya is spreading to the 'other areas').

5. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I hope a sequel comes out, the game was truly a masterpiece

6. Batman55

Member Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    That's a great idea, maybe the next games could be in like downtown New York, or London or other cities with huge downtown areas. But then again, I like the characters from the first so I want them to continue in the second.

7. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I agree, in that I think it was a masterpiece; not just as a video game, but as story telling. I'm 37-years old, and the game moved me. But I hope they don't make a sequel. There's no need. To me, the game said everything that needed to be said and left a wonderful, metaphysical footprint on gaming at large. I think trying to extend this truly inspirational work will only serve to cheapen it.

That said, should a new game arise out of the same inspiration (not a monetary one) as the first, I'll hope for the best.

8. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    I agree completely with your analysis of the game (always have), but have to disagree with your stance on a sequel. I will gladly play the second best game these developers can come up with. Granted, it won't be as ground-breaking this time, but if the story is even half as good, it will still make my top five games on the system.

Personally, I think if they do it, it should be in NYC. The story could continue there without much of a stretch, and the game would sell extremely well in Japan. Plus, I'd love to see how they represent the city, and it would be cool to play the game with a different, more familiar perspective on the shops, trends, food, etc.

Or maybe I'm just hopeful of a sequel because there's only like 5 DS games announced that I want to play this year. [​IMG]

9. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I loved this game, one of the best games I've ever played. irpacy, I have to agree that a sequel might cheapen the original, but if they can think of another message that people need to hear and base the game around that, like they obviously did in this game, it would be excellent. I haven't collected all the secret reports in the first game yet...

10. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I hope not, I found it quite average. But then I haven't played much of it.
    I don't see why it's so great. The combat feels broken, the story's kinda lame, and nothing really makes much sense at the start. Does it get better?

11. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I agree as this game is a masterpiece. A friend of mine who doesn't like RPG (He is insane?!?) liked this game a lot (enough to finish the first week in an afternoon).

I think a sequel which expands the history of the characters would be good (maybe how The composer and Hanekoma meet or the history of Sho Minamimoto) ( So zetta slow!!!). Actually the history of a sequel must be great enough to not cheap the history of the first one. Maybe there is the same quest as Golden sun 1 & 2 history, and maybe 3.

Also, I can wait to receive my OST (Subarshiki kono sekai + The world ends with you = It's a wonderful world) from yesasia (expected arrive as 12th august)

12. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    It was not bad at first,but it got repetitive way to fast and is receiving more praise then it really deserves.....

13. Cheater388

Newcomer Cheater388 Advanced Member

United States
    By the second half of the game, I felt like they needed to introduce another gameplay mechanic; the new semi-difficulty of the black things were getting annoying and every other fight was getting repetitive. Square Enix hit the spot with their storytelling. The way they introduced story elements into the universe, you looking at the bigger picture and then finding the smaller details later, was second to none. This type of reveal lasted to beyond the ending of the game (see journals). It looks like the composer and CAT will be a good pair of anime buddies in the sequel.

When you start the game, it looks like a stand-alone game, but it turns into a bigger universe when you want it to be (AKA when you play it more).

I'm really stoked about "The World Ends With Wii" (I'm just going to call it that until they announce it).

14. Acheron

Newcomer Acheron Member

Australia
    I tried, tried & tried again to get into this game and i just couldn't, i love RPG's both old & new but this game just couldn't do it for me unfortunately. I think it was a mixture of the combat system, the atmosphere of where the game was headed, even seemed a bit kiddy & weird, oh well thats just too bad for me really so i wont bash on it too much hehe.

15. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    YOU SHOULD TRY AGAIN! >:) it's the BEST game i played on the DS apart from pokemon and am hoping for a sequel maybethis time they could include new features like WI-Fi for tin pin slammers and also maybe the setting this could be in Tokyo instead of Shibuya or diffrent countrys i was so depressed when it ended. [​IMG]

16. Kaan

Member Kaan GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    nah tin pin slammer wifi isnt what i want but then again this is a game which doesnt need wifi unlike TONS OF OTHER DS GAMES... sorry caps is so contagious...

anyways this game really rocks ^^ it does get better after the first few days...

and wow i didnt knew there was a WII game of it [​IMG] i just hope they are going to make the game a lil bit easier if they are doing one because the gameplay isnt really something for a big tv screen and a wiimote... the stylus is much more accurate and i still have problems moving Neku around >.>

The topscreen is fairly easy though-> Nunchuck gameplay ^^

17. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Tin Pin slammers was stupid if you ask me,besides not everyone liked the game you just have to face that fact......

18. Batman55

Member Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    There is a Wii version? WHERE!

19. CPhantom

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    I loved this game beyond belief...however, I would be truly disappointed if a sequel was to come out just due to popularity. This game was great, and also more of a fable in a sense. It kinda tells you that you need to trust in others and all. Haha.

20. -K1-

Member -K1- GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    hopefully they make a sequel the game was great, i thought another one would come out after the ending where it says The World Begins With You loll