The World Ends With You Animation: Official trailer revealed

A few weeks ago we got a teaser on an animated series based on the cult-classic DS game The World Ends With You. Now, we have our first look at what we can expect. Coming in 2021, 'The World Ends With You: The Animation' will retell the events of The World Ends With You with a faithful take on the games unique art-style.

【STORY】
Make your way through “SHIBUYA” and survive the seven-day “Reaper’s Game”! The main character Neku wakes up in the middle of a busy Shibuya Crossing Intersection unaware of how he got there. He’s in an alternate plane of existence called the Underground (UG). Unknowingly forced to participate in the “Reaper’s Game”, Neku must partner with Shiki, a teenage girl player whom he meets. Neku must fight to survive by completing the missions thrown at him and defeating the creatures called “Noise.” By doing so, he will confront the “Reaper’s Game” along with the truth buried deep inside his memory. “The only way to survive is to trust your partner” Will they survive the “Reaper’s Game”...?

【STAFF】
Based on the original story “The World Ends with You” (SQUARE ENIX)
Director: Kazuya Ichikawa (DOMERICA)
Screenwriter: Midori Goto (SANZIGEN)
Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura & Gen Kobayashi (SQUARE ENIX)
Music: Takeharu Ishimoto (THRILL)
Production: DOMERICA x SHIN-EI ANIMATION

TWEWY
was originally released in 2007 for the Nintendo DS, and characters from the game have made cameo appearances in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. The original title has had re-releases on iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch over the years, but despite its popularity, there has been no word on a sequel.

If you're a fan of The World Ends With You, check out our review of the Switch release here.

:arrow: Source: Official Website

Last edited by Daisy,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping IP is officially dead, since nobody bought neo.
Why are you bumping this thread after eighteen months..?

Did people not like Neo? I had the impression it was received favorably. (Much as I would like to play it, there's no way I would do so until it gets much, much cheaper – which is probably unlikely to ever happen.)

For that matter, did anyone here actually watch the anime?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you bumping this thread after eighteen months..?

Did people not like Neo? I had the impression it was received favorably. (Much as I would like to play it, there's no way I would do so until it gets much, much cheaper – which is probably unlikely to ever happen.)

For that matter, did anyone here actually watch the anime?
It was. The game has really good reviews and fans really liked it. It's also true that the game unperformed at sales.
I did watch the anime, and it's not a bad adaptation, but the game is just so much better.

And yeah, ignore him. He's a troll.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.