The World Ends With You Animation: Official trailer revealed

A few weeks ago we got a teaser on an animated series based on the cult-classic DS game The World Ends With You. Now, we have our first look at what we can expect. Coming in 2021, 'The World Ends With You: The Animation' will retell the events of The World Ends With You with a faithful take on the games unique art-style.

【STORY】
Make your way through “SHIBUYA” and survive the seven-day “Reaper’s Game”! The main character Neku wakes up in the middle of a busy Shibuya Crossing Intersection unaware of how he got there. He’s in an alternate plane of existence called the Underground (UG). Unknowingly forced to participate in the “Reaper’s Game”, Neku must partner with Shiki, a teenage girl player whom he meets. Neku must fight to survive by completing the missions thrown at him and defeating the creatures called “Noise.” By doing so, he will confront the “Reaper’s Game” along with the truth buried deep inside his memory. “The only way to survive is to trust your partner” Will they survive the “Reaper’s Game”...?

【STAFF】
Based on the original story “The World Ends with You” (SQUARE ENIX)
Director: Kazuya Ichikawa (DOMERICA)
Screenwriter: Midori Goto (SANZIGEN)
Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura & Gen Kobayashi (SQUARE ENIX)
Music: Takeharu Ishimoto (THRILL)
Production: DOMERICA x SHIN-EI ANIMATION

TWEWY
was originally released in 2007 for the Nintendo DS, and characters from the game have made cameo appearances in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. The original title has had re-releases on iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch over the years, but despite its popularity, there has been no word on a sequel.

If you're a fan of The World Ends With You, check out our review of the Switch release here.

:arrow: Source: Official Website

Last edited by Daisy,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Quite a unique aesthetic, don't think I've ever seen another anime that looks quite like this. Haven't got around to playing the game but I'm definitely intrigued. No word yet which streaming platforms it'll debut on, I'm guessing?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, it's kind of unnecessary.

I'm just a little disappointed that we'll probably never again see anything like the dual-screen gameplay of the original DS version. They set out to make a special dual-screen experience, and they succeeded.

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
YES!

I may read visual novels but i don't like watching anime i only watched: beyblade when i was small, danganronpa 3 anime (only because i really like danganronpa and wanted da plot but ultimatly it was a waste of time), konosuba because i was forced by someone.

But this is gonna be an exception and i am gonna watch it fast but i mainly hoping that they make a new game after that.

Reactions: Stealphie

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the director is not the best it can get (nor the studio), but the trailer seems good so let's see what they give us. At least they have good voice actors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.