the word is out

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Samus_Aran's, Dec 20, 2004.

Dec 20, 2004

the word is out by Samus_Aran's at 3:26 AM (1,233 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Samus_Aran's
    OP

Newcomer Samus_Aran's Newbie

Trinidad and Tobago
    yes people!i'm a girl.i thought that there would be other girls on this board who were interested in boktai,metroid prime and prince of persia 2 but i was wrong!ONLY BOYZ [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Dang... Youse a sista, be proud your self girl for admitting tha chu like video games. Most girlz just don't get it...

3. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    asl
    got pics?

hehe

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    uh-oh..............
    I only know one other girl who posted here, key word: posted.

5. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    haha!
    i like that past tense reference you made

yeah it's hard to find girls who will go on video game forums, although people say its hard to find girls who play video games, i know alot that do....

6. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    There's broken_by_design....

um...there was saria...but she left...

7. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    What's a girl? Damn I need to leave my house more, there is probally so much to see....I think I will wait untill WiFi has been implemented across the glone, then I will open my door and find the mysterious person named "girl"....Yea it's late and I am tired so what?

8. Inu268

Member Inu268 woof

Brazil
    humm elfgirlrandomnumberathere
    and what happened to saria anyway?

9. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    last i heard she was having troubles answering her ocarina

10. Revolution Die

Banned Revolution Die Awkward Silence

United States
  11. elfgirl_45

Member elfgirl_45 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't really care for any of those games but I sure love video games. Stupid PoP 2 is just a silly hack n slash to me, nothing at all like the old original one. The original Prince of Persia is where it's at! And Metroid Prime... eh I don't care for FPSs except for maybe Ghost Recon 1. 3rd person is way better. [​IMG] But right now I'm still consumed with GTA.

12. Tempest Stormwin

Former Staff Tempest Stormwin Kweisatz Haderach

Canada
    Guys, there's no need to overreact. Several of us still remember Melody.

(For those who don't, she was a fun person who left the board because everyone was doing the internet equivalent of staring or hitting on her, and she wasn't comfortable with it. She asked, and it didn't stop. Haven't heard from her since.)

That said, Samus's Twin, your avatar has already been removed once. Check the filesize.

If you really want it as an avatar, ask any of our talented artists if they'd be so kind as to modify it into something that matches the forum rules.

And I nearly forgot. Hello, by the way.

*moved to introductions.*

Edits:

Elfgirl: I thought Metroid Prime would be just another FPS -- a style of game I absolutely despise. It's not. Anyone who's played it will admit that it's more a "first person adventure" -- or more to the point, it's Metroid, in 3D, inside the visor. Halo fans will say it sucks, Metroid fans will say it rules. I'd say that bumps it out of the FPS slot, don't you think? [​IMG] (Can't speak on PoP2 yet, though)

Also, Samus's Twin: Unless you're making a clever reference to some customization, the gun-arm is the right arm, not the left, in the Metroid universe. It's been Samus' right arm since the very beginning, and in Prime (where we see solid left/right differences in the Space Pirates) it became clear the Pirates did the same thing. In Prime 2 we see the Galactic Federation Marines also have integrated guns -- also on their right arms. (On a side note, sit still long enough in either of the Prime titles and she will actually rest her arm. In Prime 2 she'll actually take it offline first.)

-Tempest out.-

13. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    ooooh i didn't get name dropped [​IMG]
    sad panda

14. elfgirl_45

Member elfgirl_45 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I've heard it called that plenty of times before. I gave the first one a try because of the hype and all, but didn't really care for it. Then again, I never cared for the original series to begin with. Nothing against it, just wasn't doing cartwheels over it or anything... I prefer the Castlevania series more than Metroid... :gbasp: I actually played Halo 2 for the first time this weekend. It was pretty cool, but once again I prefer 3rd person over FPSs, and I prefer more realistic military shooter games (SOCOM, Ghost Recon 1 even though that's a FPS too, etc.)

15. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    broken_by_design's a girl!?!?!?!?!?

*faints*

16. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Well welcome Samus_Aran's_Twin_Sister!

Yeah... there isn't many girls around here, heh. Although I can't really speak for everyone, but it doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl or hell evn 'other', Its cool to see someone intrested in games and I hope to see some posts from you soon [​IMG].

Of course, there is that more social place called the general off-topic section, but err, it includes sunlight, and I hate sunlight!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well peace out

- Tjalian

Kinda Off-topic: I think thats the biggest Introduction I've seen Tempest Post XD(Of course, I've only been here for about half a year lol)