The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Named Game Awards Game of The Year

header.jpg

Easily the most deserving of the title, Game of The Year, The Witcher 3 takes the award for 2015! Probably one of my favorite releases of this year, CD Projekt Red won multiple awards for their fantastically crafted game and couldnt be more deserving.

Let us know what you think of this decision in the comments below!

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never heard of it before this trailer, I think I'll give it a try, still I have so much to beat on Vita/PS3/PS4.
After I platinum Danganronpa and GoW 1 and Last of Us, then I'll give it a try
Cyberpunk 2013 was first-released in 1988 and practically kickstarted the whole "cyberpunk" culture, although the series is more famous for its successor, Cyberpunk 2020, released in 1990. Some background reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020#Cyberpunk_2013
About Cloud: this is a great fantasy :D
However I am going feelings that characters send to me at first impact, which were before they could do more easily than now. And Geralt it does not inspire me just anything, and so, even if i cant play because i dont have ps4 or capable pc, i will never play withcer 3.
So you're criticizing a game you haven't even played? That's hardly constructive. I won't get into the details of why Geralt is interesting simply because it would spoil many surprises the series has in store for readers/players, all I'm going to say is that he's one of the most interesting characters that graced our PC's and consoles this year, or in general, to be frank.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cyberpunk 2013 was first-released in 1988 and practically kickstarted the whole "cyberpunk" culture, although the series is more famous for its successor, Cyberpunk 2020, released in 1990. Some background reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020#Cyberpunk_2013
So you're criticizing a game you haven't even played? That's hardly constructive. I won't get into the details of why Geralt is interesting simply because it would spoil many surprises the series has in store for readers/players, all I'm going to say is that he's one of the most interesting characters that graced our PC's and consoles this year, or in general, to be frank.
In general i think is exagerated lol. This year? Maybe... if you consider that not much we have this year (and not so good). Videogames lost their "touch" (or best to say: the game-maker lost the touch). I only follow characters that inspire me at first look, that "tell me" something only when i see them, and Geralt is one of the opposite: tell me nothing, like the 99% of new-gen characters of videogames lol

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In general i think is exagerated lol. This year? Maybe... if you consider that not much we have this year (and not so good). Videogames lost their "touch" (or best to say: the game-maker lost the touch). I only follow characters that inspire me at first look, that "tell me" something only when i see them, and Geralt is one of the opposite: tell me nothing, like the 99% of new-gen characters of videogames lol

You talk about what a character tells you when you see them but your examples clearly do not say that.
Nathan Drake for example, he looks like a pretty normal guy, it's what he does and how the story goes that make things interesting.
Cloud Strife, the best you can guess about him is he is a guy that fights with his big ass sword, but that's it.
I think that before judging a character, specially when we're talking about a game with a very detailed story,
we have to play in order to have a good judgement about that character.
For example I'm gonna talk about Cloud, most my friends just hate it, they say he's one of the worst main character of games, he is the hero of the story just by occasion because Zack died and is more of an emo than anything actually good, but before saying that's true or not I'm gonna play the game to say what I really think about him

Reactions: Foxi4

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You talk about what a character tells you when you see them but your examples clearly do not say that.
Nathan Drake for example, he looks like a pretty normal guy, it's what he does and how the story goes that make things interesting.
Cloud Strife, the best you can guess about him is he is a guy that fights with his big ass sword, but that's it.
I think that before judging a character, specially when we're talking about a game with a very detailed story,
we have to play in order to have a good judgement about that character.
For example I'm gonna talk about Cloud, most my friends just hate it, they say he's one of the worst main character of games, he is the hero of the story just by occasion because Zack died and is more of an emo than anything actually good, but before saying that's true or not I'm gonna play the game to say what I really think about him
Cloud inner chaos is really well doned, and me too like Zack. This is another very great game character.
About Nathan Drake: he ispire me simpaty the first time i see him ^^ this is what i mean about normal characters: exact the same of Agent 47, look simpatic and dark. Geralt tell me nothing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0