1. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So it turns out my Switch just doesn't want to work with tihs bypass patch. It freezes after loading up the webpage for the steam credentials. What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: I should mention that I restored my prodinfo and switched to using 90DNS, but I'm still not seeing a proper difference.

Did you ever get this working? I'm running into the same issue.

Last edited by Deathscreton, Mar 30, 2020
  2. ghettoblaster

ghettoblaster Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hey there. Can sameone please help me in using .ips patch on SX OS? Or maybe .ips ban fix patch is not necessary if my console is not banned? I just want to play using Steam cloud saves. Where should i put witcher3banfix folder in SX OS sdcard? I'm using 90dns as you suggested and turned SX OS Stealth Mod OFF, but when I'm trying to log in to steam in Witcher 3 on Switch I get 2155-8007 error. Any suggestions?

3. Shaoran_Rendan

Newcomer

Argentina
    Unzip on "sxos" folder on the root of your sd card. I've managed to log in to Steam and see all my PC saves but can't load the savedata I select (kinda freezes but the selector menu keeps 'blinking'). Let me know if you have more luck.

Edit: Finally Made It!

Last edited by Shaoran_Rendan, Apr 2, 2020
  4. ghettoblaster

ghettoblaster Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Sharoan_Rendan:
    You finally made it… What settings did you change to make it work? :)
    EDIT:
    Doesn't work for me. I get:
    - 2124-8007 error with 90dns and Stealth mode OFF
    - same error with 90dns and Stealth mode ON
    - 2124-4618 error with automatic DNS with Stealth mode OFF
    - 2124-8025 error with automatic DNS with Stealth mode OFF

Last edited by ghettoblaster, Apr 2, 2020
  5. Shaoran_Rendan

Newcomer

Argentina
    My settings:
    - IPS Patch in this Post into sxos folder then reboot
    - 90DNS
    - Stealth Mode OFF

Everytime you make a change you have to restart the game.

6. Raveactis

Raveactis Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    currently it's impossible to convert this mod because of the script folder?

Fast Travel vom Anywhere from JupiterTheGod

/mods/324?tab=files

7. Jabberwockie

Jabberwockie Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Correct. Mods with scripts don't work and nobody has figured out a way yet to get them to work.

8. ShootHere

ShootHere Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Very interested to test the save swapping as My Better Half™ is loving the game but also enthralled by the PC version which she would love to play over SteamLink.

I read about this IPS patch, but what exactly does it do? I got a CFW AMS console with 90dns. Is this all I need to switch the saves back and forth between, say, Steam?

9. ShootHere

ShootHere Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    UPDATE: installed the IPS but it still asks me to link to a Nintendo account.

Is there any way to circumvent this? It would be a one time only thing to transfer them from Switch to PC.

Or perhaps another kind user could assist in the matter?

EDIT: we are more than willing to purchase the GOG version (preferably) or the Steam version if we know for sure we can transfer the files

Last edited by ShootHere, Apr 27, 2020
  10. RahFah

RahFah Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    In theory, is it possible to create a patch like that for other games that use cloud save with steam, like Divinity Original Sin 2?

11. Khalyus

Khalyus GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    There is another thread the has an easy way to convert dos2 saves from Pc.

RahFah likes this.
  12. noqturne

noqturne Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    SXOS is having trouble with cloud saves for The Witcher 3 (error 2162-0002). they may fix it but don't know when it would arrive.
    Would someone be able to cloud my save, like a dear charitable soul? I just bought the Witcher 3 for pc, I'm so sad I cannot play my save on it lol.

13. Adwam

Adwam Newbie
    Newcomer

Rather than using cloud save you could manually transfer pc save to switch just google how to manually convert witcher 3 save from pc to switch I have used this method and works

14. noqturne

noqturne Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    I was actually trying the opposite. I succeeded doing it by installing atmosphere, and forcing it

15. Diegan

Diegan Newbie
    Newcomer

Aruba
    Any possibility of this mod being used on switch? Vanilla is just too damn easy without it. Crossing fingers!

I cannot post links yet, but its called Better Experience Curve

DESCRIPTION:

This is an update to the original mod by Doryani.

There are 4 different setups (curves) you can choose from, depending on your play style. Feline stands for faster levelling, Griffin stands for slightly faster levelling, Ursine stands for slightly slower levelling and finally Wolf stands for slower levelling.

INSTALLATION:

Only choose one curve! You can easily use Nexus Mod Manager but if you want to install manually for some reason just extract the contents of the rar file into your Witcher 3/Mods folder. This mod will only work with a new game! Fresh Start or either DLC from the main menu and if you uninstall the mod after creating a new game save file then the mod will still take effect. That is because geralt_levelups.xml file is only checked upon creating a new game and after that this file is completely useless because the game does not need it any more until you start another new game. Its worth a new game right?

COMPATIBILITY:

Compatible with v1.32 of the game and also any other mod that doesn't touch geralt_levelups.xml file.

The old mod needed to use this Old Levelling System, but you don't need it for this update because i'm not using it. I just changed the static curve to what I think was reasonable within each curve. With this update Geralt will reach level 50 where the infinite levelling mechanic will activate and therefore the xp curve will remain static and not increase till the level cap of 100. Please see excel file below.

Last edited by Diegan, May 21, 2020
  16. Khalyus

Khalyus GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    just check in the file preview if there is a script folder, if it has it will not work.

17. CampofMusic

CampofMusic Member
    Newcomer

Israel
    dam man i have the same issue but im on EMUNAND and the problem is i cant switch my save to the sysnand and use atmos for tranfering the save file.
    i think sx os have some problem with the ips with the latest version of sx os, man i wish they will fix it.

18. starr42

starr42 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    SX OS user here. I'm having the same issue with version 2.9.5. I have put the IPS patch in my microSD card, I'm using the 90DNS and I have Stealth Mode off.

Still, I get the 2162-0002 error with both Steam and GoG. I guess we can only wait for them to fix it, right? :(

19. Clausioporosis

Newcomer

Germany
    Hello, is there a way to install music replacements like the Skellige Music Overhaul? I tried to put the soundspc.cache file into the content5 folder, and I also tried to extract the files and put it in contents/content5/soundspc folder, but no luck as well... Can anyone help me?

20. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This looks like a convoluted mess. Yes? Nope?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Witcher, General, Hacking