'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' announced for next-gen consoles

witcher 3.png

CD Projekt Red's iconic title The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the PS5 and Xbox Series X. The company made the announcement yesterday, stating that "a next generation edition is currently in development for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt". This new edition will include ray tracing, faster loading times, among other visual and technical improvements. These improvements will be implemented across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be available as a standalone purchase on PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, and as a free update for current owners of the game on PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4.

:arrow: SOURCE

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Better get used to seeing a lot of the same games.
Its not the next Skyrim, it is far superior to any incarnation of Bugrim and having it on a new gen is a good thing. But just like Skyrim being released on everything, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not the next Skyrim, it is far superior to any incarnation of Bugrim...
I have never and probably will never replicate the fun I have had over the years with Skyrim. The Witcher 3 is mechanically superior, and frankly, a whole host of other categories too. But there's something about Skyrim. I got a similar feeling from Breath of the Wild, and I suppose maybe GTA: San Andreas? There's some ingredient X that isn't present in Witcher 3.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can update the game on PS4/XB1 for free on next gen just offer it as free and work on a new Witcher for PS5. Thats why I'm happy for BC to prevent buying games twice

**Cough GTA V** After I had beat it on PS3 I never played it again

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
When nintendo keep porting super mario bros in every nintendo's console for the past 35 years and you guys are happy to pay for the same game over and over, but when another company decided to give free upgrade for your 5 years old game and you star complaining?

No wonder why greedy companies still exist.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Glad they're giving it as a free upgrade as opposed to making people pay for it again and again and again *coughcoughBethesdacoughcoughNintendocoughcough*

But then I'd also rather they just make new games and not re-release stuff again and again.
hmm I wonder what game they're releasing in November hmmm that's a tough question /s

On a serious note, I think it's a good thing. These type of games take too much time to make and overhauling W3 for new hardware for current and future owners of the game is a great deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh