The Witcher 3 director resigns from CD Projekt after workplace bullying investigation

witcher-3.jpg

The latest news about CD Projekt Red isn't related to Cyberpunk 2077, for once. Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, director of The Witcher 3 and staff writer on the first two Witcher games, is no longer at the company as of today. This report comes from Bloomberg, where an email shows Tomaszkiewicz has informed CD Projekt of his resignation, following an investigation into workplace bullying. He was found innocent of any allegations, according to an internal report, though he is still departing the company. As stated in his email to CD Projekt, he is leaving because other coworkers are supposedly feeling "fear, stress, or discomfort" when having to work alongside him.

The company had been conducting a months-long investigation into accusations of mobbing, a Polish term for office bullying, against the game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, according to an email to CD Projekt staff reviewed by Bloomberg. In the message, Tomaszkiewicz wrote that a commission had been formed to look into these allegations and had found him not guilty.

Tomaszkiewicz has been with CD Projekt since 2004, having begun as a junior game tester, and eventually rose through the ranks to become director for the critically acclaimed and beloved The Witcher 3, and also working as secondary director and head of production on Cyberpunk 2077.

In the email to employees, Tomaszkiewicz said the decision was agreed upon with the company’s board. “I am going to continue working on myself,” he wrote. “Changing behavior is a long and arduous process, but I’m not giving up, and I hope to change.”

:arrow: Source

SaulFemm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to know how to feel about these stories without having specific examples of their behavior. The popular definition of bullying has expanded to include what many would consider just being socially inept. Maybe he's a grade-A asshole, maybe he's just antisocial - who knows without further details.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even if its true or not, its amazing how a false allegation of any type can ruin someone's career that easily
I don't think there were any allegations being made against him specifically, and he chose to walk away on his own terms. No need to blame "cancel culture" for this one.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I don't think there were any allegations being made against him specifically, and he chose to walk away on his own terms. No need to blame "cancel culture" for this one.
Of course the cancel culture is to blame for this. The allegations against him were found false, but the damage to his reputation was already done to a high degree. It's a #metoo situation.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What the fuck?
Why is he apologizing when it was all found out to be false allegations?
Seriously, those fucking Twatter douches and cancel culture are nothing more but a disease to society, they don't realize that in the "fight" against bullying, they have actually bullied the person that was found innocent to all the claims.

Stupid idiotic rhetoric.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse