RELEASE The Witcher 3 60 FPS and Dynamic Resolution Tweaks

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by masagrator, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    "handheld_charging, handheld_charging_official"
    You didn't understand the meaning those line when you look at them? and those clocks must be used with extra power supply not to fry your battery. And that small battery is not enough power to support those GPU+CPU+Fan speed anyway
    Extra note: Do you hear your fan hover like a spaceship? that's still not at it's full speed, it is limited in handheld mode - so you shouldn't play for a long time with those clocks on handheld without changing your thermal paste, and unlock handheld fan speed

Syynx likes this.
  2. Conan179

Conan179 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    At which point is that 60fps only with power supply / dock goes?
    You set everything, as it is in the post 1, just to learn dan, yes in the hand-held mode that does not work.

3. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Is that with every game? that L+R prompt? or just certain games?
    So why do you disadvise playing in docked mode?

4. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    not sure, it like when docked the game need to confirm which controller you'll use and if it's connected correctly

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You should have understand what you were doing if you did some research about overclocking... no, if you just read everything in sys-clk post, and this game is too damn demanding to be played at 60fps, have it on switch running stable 30fps while not look like sht was a miracle already
    And yeah if you only play on handheld exclusively you dont have any benefit from this mod, except the part where you can set the lowest and highest Dynamic res as your preference

5. Silithas

Silithas GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2012
    Norway
    Thanks :) Also, ive seen someone was able to get a fps indicator ingame, how do i do that to make sure i'm above 30 fps and dynamic res off?

6. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
  7. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    Gorgeous although the switch gets hot lol E29ADD4F-7EA0-467D-BEF5-3C44BE6D36F4. 35C26A2A-623F-4721-B77E-C7800E6B1076. 6C339A9C-8A4A-49E4-9660-58E25A0F7BCD. B84F21EB-9CF9-4D15-9C89-74E7F5E6EDA5.

Last edited by Naked_Snake, Oct 24, 2019
    Msebastian and KyleXY27 like this.
  8. KyleXY27

KyleXY27 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Philippines
    what resolution are you using?

9. Msebastian

Msebastian Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    Canada
    Which mods are you using? Which resolution? What overclocks?

I'm using 60fps Mod, 40fps locked and left dynamic resolution enabled since I play on my commute to work (so unplugged). Also using Enhancement Mod and turned off a bunch of stuff (blurr, bloom,sharpness,AA)

10. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    1280x720 I played around a bit I also locked cutscenes at 30fps, but I might change that
    I have 30fps locked everything turned on besides underwater effects

Last edited by Naked_Snake, Oct 24, 2019
  11. KyleXY27

KyleXY27 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Philippines
    Oh yeah. I tried that too. But fps keeps on droppping so I opted to a lower resolution. Still playing around with the resolution and settings though.

Naked_Snake likes this.
  12. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    I’m gonna put in the FPS counter mod and go to crookback bog and laugh at how much it will dip

13. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    is anyone able to upload the IPS patches set for
    1280x720 i keep only getting 17-20 FPS max
    here are my settings

Attached Files:

14. Anayon

Anayon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Spain
    Are you using sys-clk? it only works when you plug the switch to charge.

Last edited by Anayon, Oct 25, 2019
    Naked_Snake likes this.
  15. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    ah that makes sense thanks heaps

16. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    I've been playing 720 on max clock for a few hours now. Just had to lower foliage visibility to medium to get an acceptably smooth frame rate.

With this, no blur and added sharpness the game looks sooo good. I was already impressed, but damn. When I get to my laptop I'll upload a screenshot.

Naked_Snake likes this.
  17. KyleXY27

KyleXY27 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Philippines
    ho
    How's fps in Novigrad though? Want to use 720p but framerate dips hard in that area even with the 60fps mod

18. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    lol you misunderstand something? This game hardly get smooth 30fps with 720p even on highest docked clocks, that why dev have dynamic resolution. The point of this 60fps mod is targeting higher framerate by lower resolution (and we can choose lowest and highest res with this mod) though you'll only reach 50-60 fps on Highest overclock and lowest handheld resolutions. This mod has nothing to do with improve performance -> overclocking do that

Last edited by Huy98vn, Oct 26, 2019
  19. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    It's actually where I'd been focusing most of my time, I literally just freed Dandelion. So yeah, pretty smooth. Don't get me wrong, there is some stutter and lag here and there, but most of the time it feels around 25-30 (though I am no good judge of frame rate).

Here's that screenshot I promised.
    HD Witcher.

Last edited by Dichotomy754, Oct 26, 2019
    KyleXY27 likes this.
  20. KyleXY27

KyleXY27 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Philippines
    no bro I don't misunderstand. You did. I was merely asking him how's the performance. Don't get too all technical. not because I mentioned the 60 fps mod it means that I was thinking of it reaching 60 in 720p lol. And bro even if you overclock but don't use the 60 fps patch you won't get frames higher than 30 so yeah. It goes hand in hand. You can't say the 60 fps mod has nothing to do with performance because it improves it if you use that with OC. That's already a given.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I use 1104 x 621 resolution and with the 60 fps patch it pushes to at least 40 on areas that aren't too busy but it dips in Novigrad. Last I used 720p reso it felt that it wasn't smooth but I didn't stay long with it at all. Might give it a go.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted