The wild looking Tetris Effect locks in its release date for this fall

TetrisEffect-ds1-670x360-constrain.jpg

If you've been looking for some trippy Tetris action, then you won't have to wait much longer. Tetris Effect, the game based on the real-world "phenomenon" of playing too much Tetris, has locked in a release date. First shown prior to E3 2018 as a Sony exclusive game, it was revealed that the teams behind Rez Infinite and Lumines were behind this new title. There's more than 30 stages to complete in Tetris Effect, offering a "Tetris experience like you've never seen, heard, or felt before." It'll be launching on November 9th for PlayStation 4, and will have support for PSVR as well.

• From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc. and Resonair.
  • Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
  • Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
  • Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
  • Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
  • A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true. This game doesn't have anime girls. Don't support.
It's not about "anime girls" Is just that it seem to offer more with two game styles and various ways to play them. I mean if i have tetris as part of a collaboration game that is perfectly playable already on one system, what's the incentive to play a new one? VR? The development studios legacy of well received games? Different theme, aesthetic, visuals, music?:unsure:

I wasn't saying it to be mean or disrespectful, but I find it hard to consider buying it without knowing the selling point or that part of the game being regarded as higher grade than combining 2 completely intact games into one game and adding new ways to play them on top of it with up to 4 players at once along with a low price point. :yayswitch:

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not about "anime girls" Is just that it seem to offer more with two game styles and various ways to play them. I mean if i have tetris as part of a collaboration game that is perfectly playable already on one system, what's the incentive to play a new one? VR? The development studios legacy of well received games? Different theme, aesthetic, visuals, music?:unsure:
I think the idea is that somehow if you play it long enough game, graphics and sound "merge together into one" and you get into the state of flow with beeing happy and very concentrated at the same time and it's somekind of "drug noise". Of course the game gets harder and harder and you loose. Now you want to get better to longer experince that flow. Idk, I think normal Tetris is fun, but I'm annoyed from looking at this game for 2 minutes already. So much uneeded effects and terrible music... If you don't like the aesthetics of the game, it's obviously not for you because at the end it's all about aesthetics and the try to addict you. Different games for different tastes I guess :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the idea is that somehow if you play it long enough game, graphics and sound "merge together into one" and you get into the state of flow with beeing happy and very concentrated at the same time and it's somekind of "drug noise". Of course the game gets harder and harder and you loose. Now you want to get better to longer experince that flow. Idk, I think normal Tetris is fun, but I'm annoyed from looking at this game for 2 minutes already. So much uneeded effects and terrible music... If you don't like the aesthetics of the game, it's obviously not for you because at the end it's all about aesthetics and the try to addict you. Different games for different tastes I guess :)
I mean tetris is still tetris, the core gameplay hasn't changed through out the 30 plus years it's been a game. I was just saying how I already have Puyo Puyo Tetris and the game plays tetris no different than any other, unless you play those added game modes.

So I guess you have a point, the only difference is the aesthetics. Guess not many appreciated the anime story and characters or songs that Sonic Team at sega has. Makes sense when you put it that way. Honestly I was only thinking personally trying to understand what the game offers more in terms of content than this one seems to with the selling point. Mostly how i decide if a game is worth the money to me cause I don't think people want to spend a lot of money for a game and then only find it has little to do for the player. Unless this game somehow has more reason to keep playing it over and over than another tetris game, I just was curious how other people think about another tetris game. Now if it had something like 8 players at the same time or something, now that's a new thing, lol :P

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, i don't need tetris to enjoy LSD trip, but a little experiment with this tetris could be interesting... or not... not gonna do this :)

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah...im just happy with regular tetris. The only game where less is more.
Do you really need LSD effects and music just to enjoy tetris? I don't think so!

You don't need it but if it's like Tetsuya's previous games, it's the experience that makes the game. The colours, effects and music usually go hand in hand in his games. Rez and Child of Eden are some of the most beautiful experiences I've had with video games and Lumines is obviously great. It's a different spin on Tetris.

Reactions: Arras and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.