The wild looking Tetris Effect locks in its release date for this fall

TetrisEffect-ds1-670x360-constrain.jpg

If you've been looking for some trippy Tetris action, then you won't have to wait much longer. Tetris Effect, the game based on the real-world "phenomenon" of playing too much Tetris, has locked in a release date. First shown prior to E3 2018 as a Sony exclusive game, it was revealed that the teams behind Rez Infinite and Lumines were behind this new title. There's more than 30 stages to complete in Tetris Effect, offering a "Tetris experience like you've never seen, heard, or felt before." It'll be launching on November 9th for PlayStation 4, and will have support for PSVR as well.

• From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc. and Resonair.
  • Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
  • Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
  • Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
  • Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
  • A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

AdamThompson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Had a chance to play this at Fan expo this year and it was an absolute blast. visually stunning in many ways and is something I'm looking forward to playing very much

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly, if you see this and all you think is "it's just Tetris" it's not a game for you. Personally I'm really excited for this. Lumines is great but I kinda suck at it, and this looks to be even better.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
You don't need it but if it's like Tetsuya's previous games, it's the experience that makes the game. The colours, effects and music usually go hand in hand in his games. Rez and Child of Eden are some of the most beautiful experiences I've had with video games and Lumines is obviously great. It's a different spin on Tetris.
Everione is experience the game in a different way, but my point was that core of tetris experience is block builting and im happy with just that as long as controlls are good. But this effects tetris looks great, but its still tetris. nice touch.

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1