If you've been looking for some trippy Tetris action, then you won't have to wait much longer. Tetris Effect, the game based on the real-world "phenomenon" of playing too much Tetris, has locked in a release date. First shown prior to E3 2018 as a Sony exclusive game, it was revealed that the teams behind Rez Infinite and Lumines were behind this new title. There's more than 30 stages to complete in Tetris Effect, offering a "Tetris experience like you've never seen, heard, or felt before." It'll be launching on November 9th for PlayStation 4, and will have support for PSVR as well.
- From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc. and Resonair.
- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
- Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
- A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.