Gaming THE WII U SUCKS AGAIN "my opinion"

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm sorry I would totally disagree with your issues:-

1. Nintendo always budgets top games at good prices, way better and cheaper than the other current generation console games!

2. Sort of agree on that but still it does have some great third party crackers! for example ZombiU, Call Of Duty, Resident Evil Revelations etc..

3. The gamepad is the best part about the WiiU! you can play most wiiu games on the move on your screen, just need a wall socket! you can't do that with any other console at the moment.

4. Amiibos are a brilliant little funcky idea and a wicked little purchase in my opinion. I luv my little furry Yoshi :)

1. Nintendo doesn't price the games in UK, it seems like the retailers are the one to set the price to whatever they want. Splatoon for example in UK was sold for £22-24 and in US it's full $60 which is £38 (definitely not worth this much).
  2. Those games are technically really old now to be speaking about them and ZombiU? Oh good god.
  3. So you're implying that you can go anywhere in your house and play with the GamePad or on the bus/train/car? :P Jokes aside, the GamePad is a piece of shit with a mediocre screen and it should have been completely optional to use.
  4. The amiibos are just physical DLC paywalls but others prefer to keep them in their boxes either as they look good for them that way or they're thinking they'll be valuable in the future.

I so wanted SM3DW to be the next Galaxy! but a complete let down tbh, very sad indeed! :( I have even now moved to the SM64DS hacks for a better 3D Mario enjoyment and actually some are very good just a shame MN1 & Co. didn't finish the SMG 2.5 Hack that looked so promising :(

Here-> http://kuribo64.net/board/forum.php?id=37

And yet there's people (not here) who think Mario 3D World is the best 3D Mario game to date. Those are some delusional Nintendo fanboys.

My faves from great to decent: Mario Sunshine > Mario Galaxy > Mario Galaxy 2 > Mario 3D World/Land > Mario 64 DS > Mario 64 (it just didn't age well as Firefly didn't either)

EDIT: The assholes from Miiverse have made it even more restricted than before and just last night I made a post about Yoshi's Wooly World's World 3 BGM how good it is and RIP to the victims of the tragedies. Know what happen? I got flagged for "violence". What the fuck.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Nintendo doesn't price the games in UK, it seems like the retailers are the one to set the price to whatever they want. Splatoon for example in UK was sold for £22-24 and in US it's full $60 which is £38 (definitely not worth this much).
  2. Those games are technically really old now to be speaking about them and ZombiU? Oh good god.
  3. So you're implying that you can go anywhere in your house and play with the GamePad or on the bus/train/car? :P Jokes aside, the GamePad is a piece of shit with a mediocre screen and it should have been completely optional to use.
  4. The amiibos are just physical DLC paywalls but others prefer to keep them in their boxes either as they look good for them that way or they're thinking they'll be valuable in the future.

And yet there's people (not here) who think Mario 3D World is the best 3D Mario game to date. Those are some delusional Nintendo fanboys.

My faves from great to decent: Mario Sunshine > Mario Galaxy > Mario Galaxy 2 > Mario 3D World/Land > Mario 64 DS > Mario 64 (it just didn't age well as Firefly didn't either)

EDIT: The assholes from Miiverse have made it even more restricted than before and just last night I made a post about Yoshi's Wooly World's World 3 BGM how good it is and RIP to the victims of the tragedies. Know what happen? I got flagged for "violence". What the fuck.
I wont go into the bit at the top but yeah I understand though.

Fave Mario games and I will go from the same as you, great to decent: Mario64/64DS(Only because it was my era and was fantastic at the time)>Mario Sunshine>Galaxy 2>Galaxy>Mario3DWD & Land(if I have to, I hated land tbh) so yeah were not that far apart!

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Maker looks to be the killer Wii U app to me. I love 2D mario (and 3D mario, they better give us a true 3D mario game still!).

I am more excited about playing levels than making them. 100 levels come with the game and you will be able to download theoretically infinite levels. The level making tools seem amazing and make the gamepad finally seem essential.

How can a Nintendo console have too much mario? If you don't like mario then why are you buying a Nintendo console?

My Wii U gets played a ton as my Wii did before that. We have 360 and PS3 too and they have never been played as much except by my 13 year old who plays the xbox360 mainly. I have felt no desire to get xbox one or PS4 yet.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I would totally disagree with your issues:-

1. Nintendo always budgets top games at good prices, way better and cheaper than the other current generation console games!

2. Sort of agree on that but still it does have some great third party crackers! for example ZombiU, Call Of Duty, Resident Evil Revelations etc..

3. The gamepad is the best part about the WiiU! you can play most wiiu games on the move on your screen, just need a wall socket! you can't do that with any other console at the moment.

4. Amiibos are a brilliant little funcky idea and a wicked little purchase in my opinion. I luv my little furry Yoshi :)
1: Nintendo, at least in the US, will generally keep their first-party games at full price, even a good couple of years after it came out.
2: Mostly subjective, but it objectively doesn't have the third-party support that other platforms have.
3: That's also subjective. Either way, I don't see why it can't be optional. People that like it can still use it, while those of us that prefer the Pro controller can just use the Pro controller.
4: Amiibos wouldn't be so bad if they weren't locking game content behind them in games. I'm fine with aesthetic stuff being locked behind them, but not game content. It's practically on-disc DLC at that point.

Last edited by TecXero,

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Super Mario Maker looks to be the killer Wii U app to me. I love 2D mario (and 3D mario, they better give us a true 3D mario game still!).

It's good to see that there's people hyped for an upcoming Wii U game but honestly, this is what modders have already been making for years and if I were to buy this, I'd want a complete game. Okay yeah, there's 100 stages but that's possibly just thrown in to say "this game features a single player mode too" like the shitty story mode of Splatoon was.

Not gonna buy it. I'm honestly not even in the slightest interested (the 8bit Mario amiibos look like Lego bricks).

How can a Nintendo console have too much mario? If you don't like mario then why are you buying a Nintendo console?

This'd be like saying that the only reason Xbox gamers buy an Xbox is to play Halo and you know, you'd be wrong. There's a whole lot but well, Xbox has third party support whereas Wii U, well.. you know.

On the Wii U I've played the following Mario games:

• New Super Mario Bros. U - Meh, just NSMB in HD. Nothing special. (5/10)
  • Super Mario 3D World - Good platformer and it is fun but it's nothing more than a sequel to Mario 3D Land. (6/10)
  • Mario Kart 8 - Great arcade racing game but still with a horrible Battle Mode to be fixed. (8/10)
Anyway, even if I'd get Mario Party 10 for free I'd just sell/trade than play that piece of crap.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly, I buy my Nintendo consoles for Metroid, Zelda and Fire Emblem, if we talk about Nintendo franchises.
Also I like when either them or third parties throw in some interesting different games.
I liked Trauma Center, EBA, PW, 999, SMT:SJ, and other not so conventional games on the DS.
There were many things to be liked on the Wii too, e.g. MP3:C.
But the Wii U, so long, is a disappointment. Sure MK8 is good, but that's not enough.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the Wii U sucks, but Its not without its problems.
The marketing for Wii U was almost non existent. People still dont even know what it is.

Almost no 3rd party support. The 3rd parties did not even try. They have chosen the console they want to support and that's the ps4. They even purposely gimp games on PC so the ps4 version appears better.

I don't call Nintendo totally Lazy. The games they make actually work without patches. They actually release a finished product. they will delay a game to make sure it works. You dont find that happening alot with other publishers. In this gen like last gen its release a beta then patch it. I wont buy buggy beta games no matter how good they are.

The virtual console service is good for those that never played the oldies. I dont really do virtual console because i kept all my old consoles and games connected to my tv. I'm not buying the same game twice.
there is also emulation on pc/homebrew or things like snes copiers and flash carts.

As for the online support its a little lacking. At least its Free. Splitoon would be great with chat.

Overall i like the wii U and its a shame it ended up the way it is. I Praise Nintendo for not going the blood and guts way. Both Nintendo and the 3rd parties are to Blame.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. You really think people are concerned about port for charging the GP?
I think it poises to crash the industry.

I agree it was a stupid decision to make yet another proprietary port but what does it really hinder? The market has stepped in provides all sorts of cables for whatever you want to do at a reasonable price.
I bought a cable for my wiiu (just like I did for my 3ds and psp) but the fact remains that my wiiu requires its own cable. I have a separate cable for my tablet, psp, wiiu gamepad, and 3ds. I don't even have my 3ds cable plugged in because I'm currently using that port for my psp. If they all used the same cable then I could be using all of those devices. Imagine if a consumer is forced to choose between plugging in a charger for their smartphone/tablet or their Nintendo device, or if they decide to move the gamepad to a different wall jack since the other one is used up, and end up using the wiiu less often as a result. In such cases Nintendo is compromising their ability to reach that consumer.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it poises to crash the industry.

I bought a cable for my wiiu (just like I did for my 3ds and psp) but the fact remains that my wiiu requires its own cable. I have a separate cable for my tablet, psp, wiiu gamepad, and 3ds. I don't even have my 3ds cable plugged in because I'm currently using that port for my psp. If they all used the same cable then I could be using all of those devices. Imagine if a consumer is forced to choose between plugging in a charger for their smartphone/tablet or their Nintendo device, or if they decide to move the gamepad to a different wall jack since the other one is used up, and end up using the wiiu less often as a result. In such cases Nintendo is compromising their ability to reach that consumer.
I feel your pain. 4 person household, 1 iPhone and 2 iPad 3s with 30 pin connector, 3 iPhones lightning, MacBook Pro MagSafe, 3 N3DSs, then micro USB battery packs. It is fucking hell but I adapt. I have started purchasing the 4 to 6 port USB charging hubs and some cool twist ties to help with the clutter, they are awesome. Pick up some cheap power strips at Wally World, never can have enough of those.

I love this 6 port hub.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMIA9L4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I remember reading something about the EU requiring device manufactures to standardize around one of the USB ports. Apple had a cow and while I have not heard anymore about it most likely the evil empire won.

D

Deleted User

Super Mario Maker looks to be the killer Wii U app to me.
I wasn't going to fuel the fire and post in this thread but I mean come on, how is a level editor a killer app for you? There are hundreds of programs with less restrictions that are free online for the majority of 2D mario games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Overall i like the wii U and its a shame it ended up the way it is. I Praise Nintendo for not going the blood and guts way. Both Nintendo and the 3rd parties are to Blame.

It's mostly Nintendo and its customers to be blamed for the lack of 3rd party support on the Wii U. Now tell me, why the fuck should 3rd party devs spend their time and money on a version that no one would purchase?

Until Nintendo and the fans change their mentality things will remain the same.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Praise Nintendo for not going the blood and guts way. Both Nintendo and the 3rd parties are to Blame.
I wouldn't really blame third-parties. A lot of Devs have said that working with Nintendo was a bit of a nightmare. The dev kits had problems, they had very slow and poor support (took almost a week to get a response to any question), and various other problems that lead to a very painstaking experience with little returns. Nintendo is rarely ever friendly to third-parties, outside of Capcom and a couple of other rare exceptions.

I think the major problem with the Wii U is they were trying to push a new experience that wasn't necessarily intuitive. So it didn't really appeal to the casual crowd (they also borked the marketing) like the Wii did. Yeah, some people enjoyed it once they learned it, but that was a more niche crowd. I think they were trying so hard to deliver a new experience with the gamepad, they forgot to make it a good experience for most gamers. Also, they should have had their crap together earlier on or waiting to release the Wii U for a year or two.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got around 30 Wii U games and I just bought a PS4 with 8 games ... I must say that they are 2 completely different beasts and it's only a matter of taste imho. I can't stop playing Splatoon, Smash, MK8 and many other 1st party on my Wii U but it's not the same thing as playing Bloodborne, Destiny, The last of us and other Big ass AAA. I prefer Nintendo games but I can clearly see the appeal of big AAA mature games. On the other hand, Sony has no real fun game like Nintendo 1st party games so as I said, it's a matter of taste :P

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got around 30 Wii U games and I just bought a PS4 with 8 games ... I must say that they are 2 completely different beasts and it's only a matter of taste imho. I can't stop playing Splatoon, Smash, MK8 and many other 1st party on my Wii U but it's not the same thing as playing Bloodborne, Destiny, The last of us and other Big ass AAA. I prefer Nintendo games but I can clearly see the appeal of big AAA mature games. On the other hand, Sony has no real fun game like Nintendo 1st party games so as I said, it's a matter of taste :P
It's true, I can't stop playing Metroid U or Zelda U either. So many great games.
I have to admit that even with it being great, I am growing a little tired of MK8. With it being a launch game after almost three years it has become a little tiring.
Oh, the Wii U, such a great launch catalog. And with 3 years of life of course the catalog has grown with quality, so much variety to chose from, and Nintendo has brought all their beloved franchises.
Nope, fans couldn't be happier. It is a godsend.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's true, I can't stop playing Metroid U or Zelda U either. So many great games.
I have to admit that even with it being great, I am growing a little tired of MK8. With it being a launch game after almost three years it has become a little tiring.
Oh, the Wii U, such a great launch catalog. And with 3 years of life of course the catalog has grown with quality, so much variety to chose from, and Nintendo has brought all their beloved franchises.
Wii U is most definitely the best console Nintendo has ever created.

And you know, a lot of time has passed since I've played MK8 but am totally not bored of it and I love the Battle Mode. It's way better than in any other Mario Kart game. Simply amazing!

Splatoon with only two maps per 4hrs? That's way more than anyone could ever ask for and most certainly you'll never get tired of playing them nor feel the need of that dumb voice chat feature because everyone plays their part like they should!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't going to fuel the fire and post in this thread but I mean come on, how is a level editor a killer app for you? There are hundreds of programs with less restrictions that are free online for the majority of 2D mario games.
Come on now, how many people are making those mods and how many are playing them?

Having Super Mario Maker is completely different than having a modding community. I am mostly excited to play the levels creative people who have access to this for the first time make than I am in making levels myself.

It's apples and oranges. Yes I played a few Riivolution mods in the past but that doesn't dampen my hype for Super Mario Maker in the least. Your talking about having a robust level editor on console with huge touch screen interface with the ability to easily share levels compared to a vastly complicated and obscure process available only to very few who have made some nice mods that most people can't even play. The number of levels available after Super Mario Makers release will dwarf the entire history of the Super Mario Modding community and they will be a heck of a lot easier to play.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha I can see that you don't like the Wii U ;) I was sad to see that no real metroid prime was annouced at E3, but I'd rather have an amazing Zelda Wii U in 2016 than a buggy and rushed Zelda in 2015 (ubi and EA style). The main reason why I bought a Wii U was Xenoblade X and It's coming out before christmas :) That being said, here's the list of exclusive Wii U game I really enjoy:
-Mario 3d world
-Mario Kart 8
-Pikmin 3
-W101 (this is seriously amazing)
-Bayonetta 2
-Smash
-Splatoon
-MH3U
-DK Tropical Freeze
-Zelda Wind Waker HD (one of my fav Zelda game)
Considering these are all exclusive games, it's not a bad lineup .. I think the only PS4 exclusive game that really interest me is The Last of Us. I love both my Wii U and PS4 but I can play most PS4 and Xbone AAA on PC so Nintendo is definitively providing a different gaming experience no matter if you like it or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I forgot to mention the games I'll be getting this year:
-Mario Maker
-Yoshi wooly world
-SMT X FE :D
-Fatal Frame
-Devil's third (probably)
-Xenoblade X :D:D:D

Reactions: RustInPeace

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Come on now, how many people are making those mods and how many are playing them?

Having Super Mario Maker is completely different than having a modding community. I am mostly excited to play the levels creative people who have access to this for the first time make than I am in making levels myself.

It's apples and oranges. Yes I played a few Riivolution mods in the past but that doesn't dampen my hype for Super Mario Maker in the least. Your talking about having a robust level editor on console with huge touch screen interface with the ability to easily share levels compared to a vastly complicated and obscure process available only to very few who have made some nice mods that most people can't even play. The number of levels available after Super Mario Makers release will dwarf the entire history of the Super Mario Modding community and they will be a heck of a lot easier to play.

That's only if Nintendo decided to make Super Mario Maker also available on the 3DS and whatever upcoming Nintendo system because the Wii U.. yeah. Wii U's not very popular.

Haha I can see that you don't like the Wii U ;) I was sad to see that no real metroid prime was annouced at E3, but I'd rather have an amazing Zelda Wii U in 2016 than a buggy and rushed Zelda in 2015 (ubi and EA style). The main reason why I bought a Wii U was Xenoblade X and It's coming out before christmas :) That being said, here's the list of exclusive Wii U game I really enjoy:
-Mario 3d world
-Mario Kart 8
-Pikmin 3
-W101 (this is seriously amazing)
-Bayonetta 2
-Smash
-Splatoon
-MH3U
-DK Tropical Freeze
-Zelda Wind Waker HD (one of my fav Zelda game)
Considering these are all exclusive games, it's not a bad lineup .. I think the only PS4 exclusive game that really interest me is The Last of Us. I love both my Wii U and PS4 but I can play most PS4 and Xbone AAA on PC so Nintendo is definitively providing a different gaming experience no matter if you like it or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I forgot to mention the games I'll be getting this year:
-Mario Maker
-Yoshi wooly world
-SMT X FE :D
-Fatal Frame
-Devil's third (probably)
-Xenoblade X :D:D:D

Monster Hunter 3 and Wind Waker are not Wii U exclusives. Thankfully.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's only if Nintendo decided to make Super Mario Maker also available on the 3DS and whatever upcoming Nintendo system because the Wii U.. yeah. Wii U's not very popular.

Monster Hunter 3 and Wind Waker are not Wii U exclusives. Thankfully.
I should have said Nintendo exclusive.. same for the last of us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16